1. I like it but hope for a different mix on the album. And don't want a whole album of that sound.
  2. You wrote my exact same opinion.
  3. I voted "it's great..." But I also can't see them releasing a whole album of this kind of stuff.

Maybe SOE will have the same result as Pop - where the first three songs have the originally intended "synthesis of club music and rock", while the rest of the album incorporates dance and electronic flourishes at times...but also overall sounds more similar to their established sound?

Of course, the EDM songs heard on the radio today are different than in 1996-97, and it looks as if U2 isn't having any kind of musical identity crisis in finishing the album like they claim happened with Pop...still, I can't help but speculate about the possible end product being similar. Or maybe I'm just hoping it will be (minus the ironic lyrics?)!
  4. Originally posted by bpt3:I voted "it's great..." But I also can't see them releasing a whole album of this kind of stuff.

Maybe SOE will have the same result as Pop - where the first three songs have the originally intended "synthesis of club music and rock", while the rest of the album incorporates dance and electronic flourishes at times...but also overall sounds more similar to their established sound?

Of course, the EDM songs heard on the radio today are different than in 1996-97, and it looks as if U2 isn't having any kind of musical identity crisis in finishing the album like they claim happened with Pop...still, I can't help but speculate about the possible end product being similar. Or maybe I'm just hoping it will be (minus the ironic lyrics?)!
    I'd rather have the ironic lyrics and none of the EDM sound
  5. It's great, can't wait for an official recording
  6. my vote is for : It's great, can't wait for an official recording

But it s not great , just i like it
  7. Lyrics - bleh
    Sound - U2 back to their Coldplay-imitating worst. Bono continuing with the high-pitched over-singing that makes him endearing only to those who 'kinda like' the MJ version of 'One'.
    Reaction: just my view but if people didn't jump excitedly on anything and everything that gets spouted out of Bono's seaside-view window, giving greater credence to very average music, just because we haven't heard anything for *gasp* two whole years... we might get better stuff. Every once in a while it does feel like the band need someone to shake their head at them.

I'll happily wait two more if it means better than this.
  8. Been a fan since day one. Learned over 20 years ago that what this band does when they record is only a stepping stone to the finished product. And some songs over the years have been duds in the studio. But having seen them live over ten times, it's up there on that stage where a boring song becomes extraordinary. These men go through a certain agony to perfect a studio recording. You can just tell. But by the time the tour begins these guys just say fuck it, we're playing it this way and time and time again it works.
  9. I really like it, but I think it's a remix and the album version will be better!
  10. Originally posted by kantsee:Been a fan since day one. Learned over 20 years ago that what this band does when they record is only a stepping stone to the finished product. And some songs over the years have been duds in the studio. But having seen them live over ten times, it's up there on that stage where a boring song becomes extraordinary. These men go through a certain agony to perfect a studio recording. You can just tell. But by the time the tour begins these guys just say fuck it, we're playing it this way and time and time again it works.
    it s true , live is where U2 songs grow