2016-10-05 - Daly City
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 15
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]

According to the polls 91% of America is either stupid or insane, and 9% are visionary idealists that will likely go to their graves before the brainwashed numbers diminish enough to see their visions become reality. So be afraid. But also be angry.
    Well the problem is that the idiots are overconfident and the ones with at least a few braincells tend to be insecure.
  2. But they all believe the bullshit they're fed. Left and right.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    The fuzz is about the fact that it was its 7th performance ever and it had dedicated visuals. The performance itself is not that special.

As you said, the performance itself wasn't particularly special, but I do like the changes they made to it since they last played it along with the fact they decided to actually play it at all. I think California is one of the songs that gets hurt the most by the fact Bono can no longer play the guitar.
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:If you didn't like California before, you probably won't like this version anyway, but for those who like it (or love it, in my case), and only had the studio version and some versions like Vancouver or Chicago, this is a nice gift.
    +1. And bring back DYFL "get into the groove"
  5. Listening closer, the Chorus is completely different that the versions they played before. I commented that it has a "I Ran" (Flock of Seagulls) kinda riff/delay going on during it.
  6. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:atu2 posted a transcript of the Bullet conversation/rant, one of the lines is 'her name is liberty'... In God's Country snippet?

I'm thinking he's referring to Statue of Liberty.
  7. Yes. There is an inside joke here that atu2 reports everything (including the ole-oles in the crowd) as a snippet, I think that's what Matthew was referring to.
  8. Just thinking about that Bullet performance... Absolute transformative .

Almost a shame that it revolved around someone like Trump (as in he's not worth it).
  9. Originally posted by blink:Just thinking about that Bullet performance... Absolute transformative .

Almost a shame that it revolved around someone like Trump (as in he's not worth it).
    Couldn't agree more on that he's not worth the attention.

On the other hand, It's a win if hopefully that at least ONE person will change his P.o.v. because of this.
  10. Originally posted by mofothethird:[..]
    Couldn't agree more on that he's not worth the attention.

On the other hand, It's a win if hopefully that at least ONE person will change his P.o.v. because of this.
    Yes, but this is temporary. It would be cool if just one voter thinks harder about it and votes different.
  11. I'm listening to California again... with that fresh energy, that amazing California Dreamin' intro... I love it so much.