1. Knowing the band, they might not even have settled on the final studio version and they might be still adding the "finishing touches"
  2. I read on u2songs that there was a rumour of an announcement this coming Friday I think.
  3. I expect GOOYOW soon.
  4. Definitely a definitive point in their career. They need a smasher album to go along with a great tour or they will become The RollU2 Stones for good.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:Definitely a definitive point in their career. They need a smasher album to go along with a great tour or they will become The RollU2 Stones for good.
    Agree
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:Definitely a definitive point in their career. They need a smasher album to go along with a great tour or they will become The RollU2 Stones for good.
    even if its as solid as SoI?
  7. Get Danny Lanois and Brian Eno back on-board, be brave, crank up the irony again and all will be fine...
    ...otherwise, we have to pretend to get excited about pretty lame stuff like Best Thing.
  8. I don't have to pretend... I am legitimately very excited for this album, even if I'm not WILD about The Best Thing (I like it, but it's not a particular favourite), I really enjoy the other two tracks so far and I'm very curious about this album and its ties to SOI.
  9. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:I don't have to pretend... I am legitimately very excited for this album, even if I'm not WILD about The Best Thing (I like it, but it's not a particular favourite), I really enjoy the other two tracks so far and I'm very curious about this album and its ties to SOI.
    +1
  10. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:I don't have to pretend... I am legitimately very excited for this album, even if I'm not WILD about The Best Thing (I like it, but it's not a particular favourite), I really enjoy the other two tracks so far and I'm very curious about this album and its ties to SOI.
    Don't get me wrong....I am looking forward to the new album. Hope it's better than the last or at least as good as NLOTH
  11. At least as good as NLOTH?! I think we can set the bar a bit higher than that.

Agree with previous posters. Really looking forward to hearing the new tunes. Whatever about the divisive Best Thing, the other tracks I've heard give me reason to be hopeful for an even better album than SoI. Bring it on!
  12. I liked the clips of GOOYOW, hopefully it'll be just as good once we get a proper version.