1. RIP - You will be missed, great entertainer.
  2. I can't begin to explain how I feel. I am known first as a Prince fan, second as either a U2 fanatic or Michael Jackson fanatic, but also love George Michael. I own all the individual singles, bootlegs, everything. He was easily among my favorites, and likely along with Guns N Roses, the least prolific of my favorites. Only two original albums of non-cover songs since 1991, but the quality of his limited work, to quote his 2004 song...was simply "Amazing." The guts to open a concert with 1990's "Waiting(Reprise)," is incredible...kind of like U2 opening a show with "So Cruel." David Bowie, Glenn Frey, Maurice White, Prince, Rod Temperton, Leonard Cohen, Sharon Jones, George Michael. All in one year. Too much for me to handle. I still have not been able to make single post on Prince.org, and not sure when. And this news about a U2 tribute to The Joshua Tree should have me much more excited, but I guess other things on my mind.
  3. RIP George; both my parents were huge fans and as such he was one of the artists (along with U2) that got me into music.

such a sad loss in a year that seems to have been full of them.