1. I'm factoring in a few other things too based on guitars I own / am using...for example, I can't put "Bad" in the same set as The Joshua Tree because I have to re-tune a guitar to a very odd low tuning (something like Db) to play Bad, and it's the same one I use for Streets...so doing them in sequence like that doesn't work, unfortunately. At least not with what I have in mind.

I was skimming ideas and I think you're pretty much exactly right. I was going to do something like...

1. I Will Follow
    2. The Electric Co
    3. Gloria
    4. New Years Day
    5. Out of Control

OOC ends on D, which is a good chord to ring out while beginning our organ backing track for Streets. This accomplishes a few things...

-Plenty of hits before JT
    -The biggest songs are still 'saved for later' (Pride, SBS, Bad)
  2. Originally posted by MattG:I'm factoring in a few other things too based on guitars I own / am using...for example, I can't put "Bad" in the same set as The Joshua Tree because I have to re-tune a guitar to a very odd low tuning (something like Db) to play Bad, and it's the same one I use for Streets...so doing them in sequence like that doesn't work, unfortunately. At least not with what I have in mind.

I was skimming ideas and I think you're pretty much exactly right. I was going to do something like...

1. I Will Follow
    2. The Electric Co
    3. Gloria
    4. New Years Day
    5. Out of Control

OOC ends on D, which is a good chord to ring out while beginning our organ backing track for Streets. This accomplishes a few things...

I like this structure...I'm just hoping still for at least some 90s stuff. I know I'm fairly alone in this, probably.
  3. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    I like this structure...I'm just hoping still for at least some 90s stuff. I know I'm fairly alone in this, probably.
    I'd be quite happy for 90's stuff, but I'd rather it be from zooropa, pop and the rarities from achtung baby. As I've said before though I wouldn't complain at anything from achtung baby but as I've also said I won't be complaining about anything since we're getting the rarities from JT.
  4. Originally posted by MattG:I'm factoring in a few other things too based on guitars I own / am using...for example, I can't put "Bad" in the same set as The Joshua Tree because I have to re-tune a guitar to a very odd low tuning (something like Db) to play Bad, and it's the same one I use for Streets...so doing them in sequence like that doesn't work, unfortunately. At least not with what I have in mind.

1. I Will Follow
    2. The Electric Co
    3. Gloria
    4. New Years Day
    5. Out of Control

I wish I lived in Chicago. I'd be at one of your shows in an instant!
  5. And I'd be there drumming for you
  6. Originally posted by MattG:I'm factoring in a few other things too based on guitars I own / am using...for example, I can't put "Bad" in the same set as The Joshua Tree because I have to re-tune a guitar to a very odd low tuning (something like Db) to play Bad, and it's the same one I use for Streets...so doing them in sequence like that doesn't work, unfortunately. At least not with what I have in mind.

1. I Will Follow
    2. The Electric Co
    3. Gloria
    4. New Years Day
    5. Out of Control

I reckon it's probably fair to say that we won't get 'Streets' until at least about 45-60 minutes into the set (in Europe at least) assuming the band take the stage around 8.30pm as sunset times are around 9.15-9.30pm at that time of year, and I would imagine they would want to do it with the lotus red backdrop and white floods for maximum effect. But who knows.
  7. Originally posted by MattG:I'm factoring in a few other things too based on guitars I own / am using...for example, I can't put "Bad" in the same set as The Joshua Tree because I have to re-tune a guitar to a very odd low tuning (something like Db) to play Bad, and it's the same one I use for Streets...so doing them in sequence like that doesn't work, unfortunately. At least not with what I have in mind.

1. I Will Follow
    2. The Electric Co
    3. Gloria
    4. New Years Day
    5. Out of Control

Yeah, not using the same guitar for Bad and Streets kind of kills the flow. Nevertheless a super long organ intro a la Rattle And Hum with the red background and all should allow you to re-tune from Db to Eb (or E if you play Streets in E standard) properly.

Anyway, keeping the big hits for later you can still go chronological:

01 - Out Of Control
    02 - I Will Follow
    03 - Gloria
    04 - New Year's Day
    05 - A Sort Of Homecoming (ends on D)
    into
    06 - Streets...
  8. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    I reckon it's probably fair to say that we won't get 'Streets' until at least about 45-60 minutes into the set (in Europe at least) assuming the band take the stage around 8.30pm as sunset times are around 9.15-9.30pm at that time of year, and I would imagine they would want to do it with the lotus red backdrop and white floods for maximum effect. But who knows.
    Yes, I've been thinking they might do 7-10 songs before TJT, more like the 4-6 we've been taking about. Not such a lightning issue (since I think the band won't take the stage before 9pm almost anywhere) but a maximum effect thing due to Streets being the highest point, etc.
  9. Here's my dream setlist for upcoming 2017 retro JT 2-1/2 hour mega show!!!
    Intro
    1.Beautiful ghost
    2.WTSHNN
    3.ISHFWILF
    4 WOWY
    5.Bullet blue sky
    6. Running to stand still
    7.RHMT
    8.In Gods country
    9.Trip thru your wires
    10.One tree hill
    11.Exit
    12.Mothers of disappeared
    13.Electric co
    14.I will follow
    15. 11 o clock tick tock
    16.Gloria
    17.New Year's Day
    18.Sunday Bloody Sunday
    19.Angel of harlem
    20.All I want is you
    21.Bad
    22.Pride
    23.MLK
    24.Sweetest thing
    25.Zoo station
    26.The fly
    26.Until the end of the world
    27.One
    28.Mysterious ways
    29.Zooropa
    30.Numb
    31.Mofo
    32.Gone
    33.Stay
    34.Beautiful day
    35.Elevation
    36.Stuck in a moment
    37.I'm Vertigo
    38,City of blinding light
    39. Magnificent
    40. Forty
    outro
  10. Originally posted by ew6655:Here's my dream setlist for upcoming 2017 retro JT 2-1/2 hour mega show!!!
    Intro
    1.Beautiful ghost
    2.WTSHNN
    3.ISHFWILF
    4 WOWY
    5.Bullet blue sky
    6. Running to stand still
    7.RHMT
    8.In Gods country
    9.Trip thru your wires
    10.One tree hill
    11.Exit
    12.Mothers of disappeared
    13.Electric co
    14.I will follow
    15. 11 o clock tick tock
    16.Gloria
    17.New Year's Day
    18.Sunday Bloody Sunday
    19.Angel of harlem
    20.All I want is you
    21.Bad
    22.Pride
    23.MLK
    24.Sweetest thing
    25.Zoo station
    26.The fly
    26.Until the end of the world
    27.One
    28.Mysterious ways
    29.Zooropa
    30.Numb
    31.Mofo
    32.Gone
    33.Stay
    34.Beautiful day
    35.Elevation
    36.Stuck in a moment
    37.I'm Vertigo
    38,City of blinding light
    39. Magnificent
    40. Forty
    outro
    Awesome artist, 40 songs would be hard for Bono hahh
  11. This is Hillarious !!!! ROTFL !!!!!!!!!