1. Sounds good to me.

I also like earlier ideas that they play NOTHING from albums post-1987.

Wishful thinking, however.
  2. to me the order is irrelevant, depending how they would put the songs or the narrative
  3. I feel the order is pretty irrelevant too, it would be cool if they played it in order but I can't imagine it taking away from the overall experience if they move songs around, as long as there all in there.
  4. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Sounds good to me.

I also like earlier ideas that they play NOTHING from albums post-1987.

Wishful thinking, however.
    Probably.

5. The minute they decide to not play it in sequence, it'll give them the excuse to drop songs. Open with a few fast high energy songs and then kick into JT in full. Come back out for an encore then goodnight. Those saying out of sequence will keep an element of surprise are dead wrong. If you look at one set then I'm sure you'll see them all. We all know theres almost ZERO room for spontaneity at a u2 show. They proved that last tour. They need to play it in full and in order. That's fresh. They've never done anything like that before. Copying the outlineof the set from 1987 is a terrible idea imo.
  6. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]

The minute they decide to not play it in sequence, it'll give them the excuse to drop songs. Open with a few fast high energy songs and then kick into JT in full. Come back out for an encore then goodnight. Those saying out of sequence will keep an element of surprise are dead wrong. If you look at one set then I'm sure you'll see them all. We all know theres almost ZERO room for spontaneity at a u2 show. They proved that last tour. They need to play it in full and in order. That's fresh. They've never done anything like that before. Copying the outlineof the set from 1987 is a terrible idea imo.
    It also depends the way that they will play the songs... if they will choose to make this similar of album's versions, or similar the tour in 1987, or new versions... they have 11 songs, so maybe they could to work of them in different ways...
  7. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]

The minute they decide to not play it in sequence, it'll give them the excuse to drop songs. Open with a few fast high energy songs and then kick into JT in full. Come back out for an encore then goodnight. Those saying out of sequence will keep an element of surprise are dead wrong. If you look at one set then I'm sure you'll see them all. We all know theres almost ZERO room for spontaneity at a u2 show. They proved that last tour. They need to play it in full and in order. That's fresh. They've never done anything like that before. Copying the outlineof the set from 1987 is a terrible idea imo.
    I think I'm letting my Pearl Jam shows warp my sense of concert reality, maybe. But I think I have a point, Nick - for myself anyway. As much as I appreciated seeing an album played it full, the element of surprise at a PJ show is one of the major reasons that they are so magical and I appreciated the second show so much more. Of course, I got Binaural in full so that might account for something.
  8. Originally posted by fleavox:[..]
    It also depends the way that they will play the songs... if they will choose to make this similar of album's versions, or similar the tour in 1987, or new versions... they have 11 songs, so maybe they could to work of them in different ways...
    For me I can't get on board with this unless it's in sequence. Playing them out of sequence will lead to the songs that us hardcore are excited about , getting dropped by the middle of the tour
  9. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]

Jeez, Nick. Words like "dead wrong" and "terrible" in a single post. You have some venom in you today!
  10. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Jeez, Nick. Words like "dead wrong" and "terrible" in a single post. You have some venom in you today!
    I'm sorry. I really am. Like I said I loved my 8 shows on I.E. tour. But I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the back tracking they did with the original idea of I.E. I just don't want to go through that again.
  11. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Don't forget "zero" in all caps haha. I don't want to be negative because I'm truly excited about the upcoming year fir u2.
  12. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    Don't forget "zero" in all caps haha. I don't want to be negative because I'm truly excited about the upcoming year fir u2.
    I expect the album in order..then a run of their "hits" and thats it....

maybe they will finally drop the oh so played out Mysterious Ways ? I doubt it , but one can dream lol