1. I think highly. It is an excellent outside football stadium song. Also fits with the themes and era of this tour. Also, I think if any POP song is played, it would be Please, given everything in the world. I could see Please acoustic going into Sunday Bloody Sunday full band for instance.
  2. I did one last week, but this is more realistic I think.

1. Out of Control (Night 1) Gloria/Gloria (Snippet) (Night 2)
    2. I Will Follow
    3. Spanish Eyes
    4. Vertigo/Stories for Boys
    5. October (Night 1) MLK (Night 2)
    6. New Year's Day
    7. Beautiful Day/Blackbird
    8. Desire/Money
    9. Angel of Harlem (Night 1) Party Girl (Night 2)
    10. ASOH (Night 1) Please (Night 2)
    11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    12. Pride (In the Name of Love)
    13. Bad/Moment of Surrender (Night 1) Bad/AIWIY (Night 2)
    Intermission - Play Heartland and Love Rescue Me on PA?
    14. Streets/All I You Need is Love
    15. ISHFWILF/Exodus
    16. WOWY/Shine Like Stars/Love Will Tear us Apart (in certain cities)
    17. Bullet/Hands That Built America
    18. Running
    19. Red Hill Mining Town/Springhill Mining Disaster
    20. In God's Country
    21. Trip
    22. One Tree Hill
    23. Exit/Gloria
    24. Mothers
    Encore
    25. Mysterious Ways/Sexual Healing (Night 1) UTEOTW/Break on Through (Night 2)
    26. She's a Mystery to Me (Night 2 only)
    26 (Night 1) or (27 Night 2). One/Sweetest Thing
    27 (Night 1) or (28 Night 2). 40
  3. Originally posted by U2sBiggestFan:I Will Follow
    Vertigo
    Out of Control
    New Year's Day
    Until the End of the World
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Raised By Wolves
    Pride
    One
    ------------------------
    The Joshua Tree
    ------------------------
    Please
    City of Blinding Lights
    Beautiful Day
    Bad

No big surprises here apart form a nod to Pop with the inclusion of Please
    I think if they play Raised by Wolves AT ALL this tour, that would be a big surprise. I don't see anything from the last two albums except for snippets of Moment of Surrender and MAYBE Every Breaking Wave.
  4. Originally posted by gwhitey9:[..]
    I think if they play Raised by Wolves AT ALL this tour, that would be a big surprise. I don't see anything from the last two albums except for snippets of Moment of Surrender and MAYBE Every Breaking Wave.
    Surrender would fit, the world atm, alot of shit going on around the globe
  5. Streets
    ISHFWILF
    With or without you
    Bullet the blue sky
    Running
    Red hill mining town
    God's country
    Trip wires
    One tree hill
    Exit
    Mothers
    -----------
    Beautiful day
    I will follow
    Until the end of the world
    Angel of Harlem
    When love comes to town
    Sweetest thing
    October
    New years day
    Pride
    ----------
    Out of control
    Bad

unfortunately that's what it's going to be like
  6. Originally posted by gwhitey9:I did one last week, but this is more realistic I think.

1. Out of Control (Night 1) Gloria/Gloria (Snippet) (Night 2)
    2. I Will Follow
    3. Spanish Eyes
    4. Vertigo/Stories for Boys
    5. October (Night 1) MLK (Night 2)
    6. New Year's Day
    7. Beautiful Day/Blackbird
    8. Desire/Money
    9. Angel of Harlem (Night 1) Party Girl (Night 2)
    10. ASOH (Night 1) Please (Night 2)
    11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    12. Pride (In the Name of Love)
    13. Bad/Moment of Surrender (Night 1) Bad/AIWIY (Night 2)
    Intermission - Play Heartland and Love Rescue Me on PA?
    14. Streets/All I You Need is Love
    15. ISHFWILF/Exodus
    16. WOWY/Shine Like Stars/Love Will Tear us Apart (in certain cities)
    17. Bullet/Hands That Built America
    18. Running
    19. Red Hill Mining Town/Springhill Mining Disaster
    20. In God's Country
    21. Trip
    22. One Tree Hill
    23. Exit/Gloria
    24. Mothers
    Encore
    25. Mysterious Ways/Sexual Healing (Night 1) UTEOTW/Break on Through (Night 2)
    26. She's a Mystery to Me (Night 2 only)
    26 (Night 1) or (27 Night 2). One/Sweetest Thing
    27 (Night 1) or (28 Night 2). 40
    This setlist would be amazing show(s); I would love to see U2 extend their shows to 27 songs....but is it realistic? Lately they have kept it to 23 to 24 songs on a typical night. I believe on a rare occasion they have play 25 or 26 songs, but typically a one off. I don't know why they couldn't though....other bands seem to be able to do it, but this is the selfish part of me coming out. I could hear a 50 song set and feel it is too short.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I like your option a lot, I don't think it's really doable since there's no way they'll leave out Vertigo or I Will Follow from first nights... but I like it a lot.

opening an encore with a SOE song is the ultimate pipe dream

That is exactly what I had trouble with as I constructed the setlist (Leaving Vertigo out)....but its possible. With this tour all about the past I could see them playing Vertigo or Beautiful Day...not skipping both on a given night, but alternating them since the are from near the same era. Its tough to keep a set for this tour to 23-24 songs (using history to cap the number of songs). It would be much easier to be able to go to a 27-28 song set....I just don't see U2 doing this...though I would love it if they did!

As far as the SoE song....I strongly believe they will play at least one song from the future new album. It fits in the encore since the Main Set, I feel will be mainly 80s songs (JT and pre-JT songs). It depends on the song....but I see this part of my set being the 2nd encore. The first set of 'Desire', 'The Fly' and 'One' is basically the cutting down of the Joshua Tree, and the 2nd encore is the eXPERIENCE and moving to the future. Keep in mind, they did have 'All Because of You' as a lead to an encore during the Vertigo Tour. I know it was released as a single, but still not a very known song to the majority of the crowd in attendance at these shows.

In the end, I know I will be happy with how they chose to construct the setlist. I just hope there is a little variety in it. Part of that is because I am going to multiple shows ....but I also feel, they are touring in support of an album that is 30 years old. We all know the first 4 songs very well...all U2 fans know the remaining 7 well...the casual fan though probably knows them fairly well. Well enough to where they wouldn't be disappointed to hear Two Hearts Beat as One versus Out of Control. Just my opinion....we'll find out in about 2 1/2 weeks!
  8. Originally posted by u2shula:[..]
    This setlist would be amazing show(s); I would love to see U2 extend their shows to 27 songs....but is it realistic? Lately they have kept it to 23 to 24 songs on a typical night. I believe on a rare occasion they have play 25 or 26 songs, but typically a one off. I don't know why they couldn't though....other bands seem to be able to do it, but this is the selfish part of me coming out. I could hear a 50 song set and feel it is too short.
    I wanna hear them play Spanish Eyes, damnit! I think it would be cool to have Spanish Eyes segue into the Spanish in Vertigo. You could prob take out SPanish Eyes, the songs in slot 10, and She's a Mystery to Me. That gets you to 24 songs. Would still be a great concert! Can't wait for Gillette Stadium June 25!
  9. Originally posted by u2shula:[..]

That is exactly what I had trouble with as I constructed the setlist (Leaving Vertigo out)....but its possible. With this tour all about the past I could see them playing Vertigo or Beautiful Day...not skipping both on a given night, but alternating them since the are from near the same era. Its tough to keep a set for this tour to 23-24 songs (using history to cap the number of songs). It would be much easier to be able to go to a 27-28 song set....I just don't see U2 doing this...though I would love it if they did!

As far as the SoE song....I strongly believe they will play at least one song from the future new album. It fits in the encore since the Main Set, I feel will be mainly 80s songs (JT and pre-JT songs). It depends on the song....but I see this part of my set being the 2nd encore. The first set of 'Desire', 'The Fly' and 'One' is basically the cutting down of the Joshua Tree, and the 2nd encore is the eXPERIENCE and moving to the future. Keep in mind, they did have 'All Because of You' as a lead to an encore during the Vertigo Tour. I know it was released as a single, but still not a very known song to the majority of the crowd in attendance at these shows.

In the end, I know I will be happy with how they chose to construct the setlist. I just hope there is a little variety in it. Part of that is because I am going to multiple shows ....but I also feel, they are touring in support of an album that is 30 years old. We all know the first 4 songs very well...all U2 fans know the remaining 7 well...the casual fan though probably knows them fairly well. Well enough to where they wouldn't be disappointed to hear Two Hearts Beat as One versus Out of Control. Just my opinion....we'll find out in about 2 1/2 weeks!
    To the band's eyes, we hardcore fans will get our share of rarities with Exit, RHMT, Mothers, One Tree Hill and Trip Through Your Wires... no way they're "wasting" setlist slots in more rarities like Two Hearts Beat As One or some of the other lesser known tracks that got played last tour. I wish I was wrong but I doubt it
  10. Anyone going in GA, please dash to the front, and sing 'The Cross' as loud as you can while staring at Bono. Or shout "EVERYBODY'S LOOKIN'FOR THE LADDER"

Where The Streets Have No Name/ The Ladder = me exploding.
  11. Seems like Ordinary Love has stepped up in the position of getting played on tour.

12. Edge on piano + Bono