1. Edge switches from acoustic to electric guitar half way through In God's Country, apparently.
  2. acoustic set is only good for taking toilet break or falling asleep...
  3. Not if they play some amazing songs during an acoustic set. Stay, staring at the sun, please, the ground beneath her feet, stuck in a moment, they were all excellent acoustic. Admittedly I'd like to hear the full band versions of them sometimes too but i'd say stay and staring at the sun worked better acoustic when played live.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Not if they play some amazing songs during an acoustic set. Stay, staring at the sun, please, the ground beneath her feet, stuck in a moment, they were all excellent acoustic. Admittedly I'd like to hear the full band versions of them sometimes too but i'd say stay and staring at the sun worked better acoustic when played live.
    All those songs are much better in full electric version (except for Stuck In a Moment, which is terrible in any version)...
  5. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    All those songs are much better in full electric version (except for Stuck In a Moment, which is terrible in any version)...
    I can't say I agree with your opinion on either but I guess that's what these forums are all about. For me Stuck in a moment is up there with some of there best work, not as musically creative as there work in the 90's but with lyrics as great as that they don't always need to be. Good in acoustic, excellent full band.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I can't say I agree with your opinion on either but I guess that's what these forums are all about. For me Stuck in a moment is up there with some of there best work, not as musically creative as there work in the 90's but with lyrics as great as that they don't always need to be. Good in acoustic, excellent full band.
    It's okay, I was just saying my opinion... I don't like the song and never was fan of acoustic versions of the songs... that's it
  7. I generally find acoustic a little boring for the most part too, especially if I'm there in the flesh, would much rather have full electric. That said I'm seeing Simple Minds in a few weeks doing an acoustic show, and I'm loving how they're doing it, they're really putting some energy into it, with new arrangements, additional musicians and upping the tempo a notch or two.