1. 01 I Will Follow
    02 Desire
    03 Vertigo/She Loves You [snippet]
    04 Cedarwood Road
    05 Raised By Wolves/Psalm 23 [snippet]
    06 Until the End of the World/Words [snippet]
    07 Sunday Bloody Sunday
    08 Beautiful Day/Space Oddity [snippet]
    09 Bad/Ruby Tuesday [snippet]/Sympathy For the Devil [snippet]/Purple Rain [snippet]
    10 Introduction To Songs of Experience [snippet]/Where the Streets Have No Name/Lalala [snippet]/California (There Is No End To Love) [snippet]
    11 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For/Exodus [snippet]
    12 With or Without You/Love Will Tear Us Apart [snippet]
    13 Bullet the Blue Sky/The Battle Hymn of the Republic [snippet]
    14 Running To Stand Still
    15 Red Hill Mining Town/The Ballad of Springhill [snippet]
    16 In God's Country
    17 Trip Through Your Wires
    18 One Tree Hill
    19 Exit/Gloria [snippet]
    20 Mothers of the Disappeared/El Pueblo Vencera [snippet]

Encore

21 City of Blinding Lights
    22 Gloria
    23 Pride (In the Name of Love)
    24 New Year's Day
    25 One/Hallelujah [snippet]
    26 "40"

Nothing from Pop, but I could always hope....
  2. I haven't read through all of the back pages of this thread, so I'm not sure this topic has been covered yet.

I've been thinking about the second stage and what part of the show would played there. Usually the second stage set comes somewhere in the middle of the main set, right. With The Joshua Tree being played in full, it is likely that a 4-5 song portion of the album will make up that second stage set.

So I'm imagining that they come out and open with 2-3 songs before going into Streets. The play the whole of side one, up until Running To Stand Still from the main stage.

Then side two begins on the second stage. They play Red Hill Ming Town, In God's Country, Trip Through Your Wires, and One Tree Hill from the second stage. Then Exit starts with just Bono and Edge on the second stage as Adam and Larry make their way back to the main stage. As the song builds and then kicks in, Bono and Edge make their way back to the main stage where the whole band finishes the song together. Then Mothers of the Disappeared ends the album on the main stage.

Maybe 3-4 more songs to finish the main set. Then an encore or 2.

What do you think?
  3. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:01 I Will Follow
    02 Desire
    03 Vertigo/She Loves You [snippet]
    04 Cedarwood Road
    05 Raised By Wolves/Psalm 23 [snippet]
    06 Until the End of the World/Words [snippet]
    07 Sunday Bloody Sunday
    08 Beautiful Day/Space Oddity [snippet]
    09 Bad/Ruby Tuesday [snippet]/Sympathy For the Devil [snippet]/Purple Rain [snippet]
    10 Introduction To Songs of Experience [snippet]/Where the Streets Have No Name/Lalala [snippet]/California (There Is No End To Love) [snippet]
    11 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For/Exodus [snippet]
    12 With or Without You/Love Will Tear Us Apart [snippet]
    13 Bullet the Blue Sky/The Battle Hymn of the Republic [snippet]
    14 Running To Stand Still
    15 Red Hill Mining Town/The Ballad of Springhill [snippet]
    16 In God's Country
    17 Trip Through Your Wires
    18 One Tree Hill
    19 Exit/Gloria [snippet]
    20 Mothers of the Disappeared/El Pueblo Vencera [snippet]

Encore

21 City of Blinding Lights
    22 Gloria
    23 Pride (In the Name of Love)
    24 New Year's Day
    25 One/Hallelujah [snippet]
    26 "40"

Nothing from Pop, but I could always hope....
    Well done. Probably a little long but this is definitely another setlist I can get behind.

(Let's remove COBL to shorten it up a little bit).
  4. A Day Without Me/I Threw A Brick Through A Window

Oh yes!
  5. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Well done. Probably a little long but this is definitely another setlist I can get behind.

(Let's remove COBL to shorten it up a little bit).
    Great effort, very realistic set list. my only wises are three tracks;

Beautiful Day
    Until The End Of The World
    Gone

I'd LOVE it if they played Gone and acknowledged the 20th anniversary of POP
  6. 1) The Miracle (could be another opener)
    2) In God's Country
    3) Trip Through Your Wires
    4) Gone
    5) Exit
    6) Still Haven't Found
    7) All I Want is You
    8) City of Blinding Lights
    9) The Unforgettable Fire
    10) One Tree Hill
    11) Silver and Gold
    12) Red Hill Mining Town
    13) Angel of Harlem
    14) Every Breaking Wave
    15) Bullet the Blue Sky
    16) Running to Stand Still
    17) Streets

ENCORE

18) Until the End of the World
    19) New Year's Day
    20) Mothers of the Disappeared
    21) Pride
    22) With or Without You

ENCORE 2

23) Beautiful Day
    24) Party Girl
    25) Bad
    26) 40

This is for a particular date, of course there are a lot of songs that are not above that will/should appear at the shows, but I have no problem with this set
  7. Originally posted by ymalkiel:I haven't read through all of the back pages of this thread, so I'm not sure this topic has been covered yet.

I've been thinking about the second stage and what part of the show would played there. Usually the second stage set comes somewhere in the middle of the main set, right. With The Joshua Tree being played in full, it is likely that a 4-5 song portion of the album will make up that second stage set.

So I'm imagining that they come out and open with 2-3 songs before going into Streets. The play the whole of side one, up until Running To Stand Still from the main stage.

Then side two begins on the second stage. They play Red Hill Ming Town, In God's Country, Trip Through Your Wires, and One Tree Hill from the second stage. Then Exit starts with just Bono and Edge on the second stage as Adam and Larry make their way back to the main stage. As the song builds and then kicks in, Bono and Edge make their way back to the main stage where the whole band finishes the song together. Then Mothers of the Disappeared ends the album on the main stage.

What do you think?
    I think this would be pretty outstanding!
  8. Originally posted by ymalkiel:I haven't read through all of the back pages of this thread, so I'm not sure this topic has been covered yet.

What do you think?
    I may be erect.
  9. Originally posted by ymalkiel:I haven't read through all of the back pages of this thread, so I'm not sure this topic has been covered yet.

What do you think?
    Pretty much spot on I think we'd all be happy with that.

Which songs do you envisage as the openers before they kick off the Joshua Tree album? That's the main obstacle in my opinion. Playing early 80s songs is the most logical thing but I reckon they might as well play some 00s hits to warm up the crowd, then hit us with the full album.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Pretty much spot on I think we'd all be happy with that.

Which songs do you envisage as the openers before they kick off the Joshua Tree album? That's the main obstacle in my opinion. Playing early 80s songs is the most logical thing but I reckon they might as well play some 00s hits to warm up the crowd, then hit us with the full album.

I don't think 90's songs will fit in the theme of this tour, so I hope/think they will keep it to a minimum and will fill the setlist with 80's stuff. "One" and "Beautiful Day" are the biggest hits of the post-JT era, so if they just play those two crowd pleasers, nobody will miss the rest of the "newer" work.
  11. Originally posted by Lobmans:[..]

I don't think 90's songs will fit in the theme of this tour, so I hope/think they will keep it to a minimum and will fill the setlist with 80's stuff. "One" and "Beautiful Day" are the biggest hits of the post-JT era, so if they just play those two crowd pleasers, nobody will miss the rest of the "newer" work.
    Yeah, I'm with you. But they might not agree with your (and my) concept of "nobody" though. I guess some 00s is the price we'll have to pay for seeing the Joshua Tree album in full. But I hope OH so hope that they realize they don't fit and play exclusively <1988 material
  12. Originally posted by Lobmans:[..]

As much as I agree with you I also think the band still consider vertigo a must play for the likes of my generation (although it's not one of my favourites). I'd be a little surprised also if they only played one song from achtung baby as I think that would be it's lowest ever total on a tour gig. One thing about this tour though is it's new territory for the band in terms of touring an album from the past and every song from it too so perhaps we should expect the unexpected.