1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think it would be pretty cool if they used a song like Heartland as an encore opener to point out the positive picture of the U.S. I dont want to turn this into another politics thread so I accept people are divided on opinions at the moment but surely optism for the future is the way to go whether that be in 1 year, 5 years or 10 years. It's going to be quite powerful and intense stuff during the JT set, the overall theme of the album certainly has a hard seriousness to it so they optimistic notes ringing out at the beginning of heartland would be powerful. Unless of course you hate heartland and disagree with everything I've said lol.
    U2 is about optimism. The US needs "In God's Country" right now. We need to be brought together with optimism and not divided further over issues we're already well aware of.

If anyone can take the ball and run with this, it's U2. I sincerely hope they choose the right platform. They did it once, they can do it again. That's what I'm hoping for. Its business as usual in Washington. Same as it ever was. We want to escape to the promised land for an evening. Take us there, U2!
  2. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    U2 is about optimism. The US needs "In God's Country" right now. We need to be brought together with optimism and not divided further over issues we're already well aware of.

If anyone can take the ball and run with this, it's U2. I sincerely hope they choose the right platform. They did it once, they can do it again. That's what I'm hoping for. Its business as usual in Washington. Same as it ever was. We want to escape to the promised land for an evening. Take us there, U2!
    I can't agree more with this, it will be interesting to see how they go about things when they play the European shows, I'm expecting maybe one or two of the non JT tracks to change in the setlist when they come to twickenham.
  3. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]

In God's Country is a celebration but at the same time a critique of the US (sad eyes, crooked crosses/hope faith and vanity/the greatest gift is gold).
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    In God's Country is a celebration but at the same time a critique of the US (sad eyes, crooked crosses/hope faith and vanity/the greatest gift is gold).
    Yes, that's true. But I'm a glass is half full guy, so I look at it from the other side.

Set me alight
    We'll punch a hole right through the night
    Everyday the dreamers die
    See what's on the other side

She is liberty
    And she comes to rescue me
    Hope, faith, her vanity
    The greatest gift is gold
  5. Wouldn't it be great if The Edge would do Van Diemen's Land? I mean I would just love him to do a song during the show again and this song would be the obvious choice for this tour.
  6. Are we going to hear Zoo Station on this tour?
  7. Great tune but doesn't fit the JT experience at all. Unless....

As the houselights go up after the show ends, it starts to get played over the PA. Y'know....the chopping down the tree analogy.
  8. Sure! I love its inclusion in The Joshua Tree Deluxe Editions and how it segues into Trip Through Your Wires, it just fits the theme and sound of the album so much.