1. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]

But you went to EIGHT shows....I mean who does that really? I'd love to follow the entire tour every night but it wouldn't really upset me if it was the same set. There wouldn't be that many who would be doing something like that.
    And? My point is it was advertised as one thing and morphed into another Remember? I just don't want them to lose confidence after the first couple of shows and Ditch the idea that was originally advertised. Am I asking too much?
  2. I haven't thought of specific setlists yet, but I hope to see them present The Joshua Tree as if it were a new album in 2017. I'm all for nostalgia, but imagine how awesome it would be for them to take their classic and draw something totally new from it?

Also, I know people want them to play the whole album in sequence, but personally I hope they don't do that. Or at least I hope they don't present it as a Joshua Tree segment transplanted into a U2 show. They've got more songs to play with now than they had before, so I'm hoping to see some creative pairings.
  3. Originally posted by ahn1991: I'm all for nostalgia, but imagine how awesome it would be for them to take their classic and draw something totally new from it?

Terrible idea
  4. If it turns out to be a complete nostalgia show straight out of the 80s, it'll be enjoyable, but would also probably be a bad sign for SOE and their next tour if the band is content on playing it safe.
  5. Can't wait to hear Exit and Mother's live.

Hopefully some JT B-sides they've never played, like Walk to the Water or Luminous Times. Will probably hear Spanish Eyes.

An updated Silver and Gold would be cool too.
  6. Anyone mentioned Van Diemen's Land yet?? Would LOVE the Edge to do it
  7. I guess it's been ignored due to its connection to R&H (not as much as TJT).
  8. Want to the hear the "Shine Like Stars" snippet every night at the end of With Or Without. The performance from the Rattle and Hum movie is still my all time favourite!
  9. Originally posted by AMLBONO:Want to the hear the "Shine Like Stars" snippet every night at the end of With Or Without. The performance from the Rattle and Hum movie is still my all time favourite!
    Give a listen to 1989-12-30 Dublin
  10. I REALLY hope they play the entire JT album in the order on the album - my wish (which I know has a 0% chance of happening) is that the first half is the entire JT album, and the second half is the chopping down of the JT album (AB, Zooropa, Pop). I'd especially love POP to get it's time in the sun since 2017 is that album's 20th anniversary. So...here is the pipe dream set list:

1: BUILDING THE JOSHUA TREE
    Lights go down, screens go red...no song over PA, but a very extended version of the 1987 keyboard intro gets louder and louder

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
    2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For /
    3. With Or Without You / Shine like stars / Love will tear us apart
    4. Bullet The Blue Sky
    5. Running To Stand Still
    6. Red Hill Mining Town
    7. In God's Country
    8. Trip Through Your Wires
    9. One Tree Hill
    10. Exit
    11. Mothers Of The Disappeared / el pueblo vencera

2: CHOPPING IT DOWN
    - intermission video similar to i.e. tour - ends with four cartoon silhouettes chopping down a Joshua Tree with "what do you want?" looping

12. Zoo Station
    13. Ultraviolet
    14. Zooropa
    15. Lemon
    16. Stay (full band)
    17. Discotheque
    18. Gone
    19. Mofo
    20. Please
    21. The Wanderer (comes back full circle to the desert/western feel of JT)
  11. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Heck, I'll even take just the audio - assuming a remaster, of course.

I could never "accept" the Paris show due to the lack of Streets.

I can see where you're coming from but for me it sort of made up for it with the excellent With or Without You - it's the only version I ever listen to!
  12. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]

I can see where you're coming from but for me it sort of made up for it with the excellent With or Without You - it's the only version I ever listen to!
    Really? Although it's a good version and that part when he stops the song is cool, musically it's far from the best version IMO. They screw up the second verse and that break sort of ruins the moment for me.