1. Thanks for the heads up It's a bit early for these shows to get recurrent drops, I wonder if they're starting to adjust the attendance since the rehearsals have already started
  2. I just had a read through that link and also looked up other bits n pieces and I like what this guy is doing. Imagine the look on the scalpers faces when there tickets got cancelled, priceless. u2 really should be taking note. One thing I didn't quite manage to find was how exactly they knew who the scalpers were? I just read a bit saying it's gettting easier to find out who they are. Does anyone know what method they used?
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I just had a read through that link and also looked up other bits n pieces and I like what this guy is doing. Imagine the look on the scalpers faces when there tickets got cancelled, priceless. u2 really should be taking note. One thing I didn't quite manage to find was how exactly they knew who the scalpers were? I just read a bit saying it's gettting easier to find out who they are. Does anyone know what method they used?
    Logan looked for purchase patterns that matched scalper buying habits. That included multiple purchases on the same credit card or out-of-state ticket buys—like a purchase for a show in Lincoln. Neb., from a credit card tied to a buyer in New York, Las Vegas or Southern California.

“Occasionally we catch someone who we thought was a scalper, but turned out to be a dedicated fan,” Logan said. When that happens, Logan instructed the buyer to show up in person and pick up their tickets at will-call with a valid ID.

“When most of the big brokers heard about those in-person requirements, they just walked away,” he said.
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Logan looked for purchase patterns that matched scalper buying habits. That included multiple purchases on the same credit card or out-of-state ticket buys—like a purchase for a show in Lincoln. Neb., from a credit card tied to a buyer in New York, Las Vegas or Southern California.

“Occasionally we catch someone who we thought was a scalper, but turned out to be a dedicated fan,” Logan said. When that happens, Logan instructed the buyer to show up in person and pick up their tickets at will-call with a valid ID.

“When most of the big brokers heard about those in-person requirements, they just walked away,” he said.
    Wow that really is a great way of doing things, I thought that was inevitably going to be my next question what about real fans but he's got that covered too. Surely this is as good an idea as anyone has came up with so far.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Wow that really is a great way of doing things, I thought that was inevitably going to be my next question what about real fans but he's got that covered too. Surely this is as good an idea as anyone has came up with so far.
    Logic would dictate that staying relevant with your fans and keeping them above all else is a sure way to extend your career, no?

The fact that they actually put the time and effort on this from their own end speaks volumes.
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Logic would dictate that staying relevant with your fans and keeping them above all else is a sure way to extend your career, no?

The fact that they actually put the time and effort on this from their own end speaks volumes.
    Yep can you imagine the positive press u2 would get if they did something like this and how many fans wouldn't have to feel let down at not getting a ticket. The thing is with a band as big as u2 they'd really not have to do much themselves just get some people working for them doing the identifying and cancelling, i can't emphasise enough how right Eric church seems to have it.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Yep can you imagine the positive press u2 would get if they did something like this and how many fans wouldn't have to feel let down at not getting a ticket. The thing is with a band as big as u2 they'd really not have to do much themselves just get some people working for them doing the identifying and cancelling, i can't emphasise enough how right Eric church seems to have it.
    In fairness to U2, the only trouble I've had getting tickets in years past was due to Ticketmaster site issues. That being said, Live Nation runs everything for them, so they'd likely cancel from scalpers and then re-list tickets on their own resale site.

We'll see if Eric Church's method catches fire or fizzles out. It is definitely a way of addressing the situation that could work. Whether or not other artists really care would be the X factor...
  8. Mail from DHL today, seems the collector tickets for Berlin were send out today from Eventim...
  9. Ticketmaster still waiting, no info about Berlin collector tickets
  10. It where the Dublin collector tickets that arrived to people today.
  11. Some top price seats still available for London 2.