1. SAT GA Twickenham ticket arrived - plain Live Nation ticket - also a Gate D. Still waiting on SUN Twickenham seat.

Happy but also slightly dismayed that a signature wasn't required, though the envelope said "secured mail" on it - not really sure how secure that is when I just found it in my postbox at the communal boxes for our apartments.

I often get other peoples post in my box, and no doubt vice versa. Live Nation was clearly on display through the envelope window, meaning had it gone astray, someone may well have been tempted to grab. Kinda worried as expecting 2 more lots of tickets for Twickenham #2 and Simple Minds at the end of May.

Anyway 1 down! Anybody have Twickenham #2 yet?
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:I just received my tickets today for Twickenham and I've noticed that on 3 of them it says gate c and for 1 it says gate d all ga tickets. Apart from the obvious that one of our group will have to enter a different gate does anyone know if it will make any difference once we're in? I can't imagine them separating the pitch. Anyway apart from that the excitement level has went up a notch now I have my physical tickets.
    Speaking of multiple gates, I hope they open the gates at the EXACT same time, completely unfair to do anything else.

Anyone go to Manchester 2005? They let in another GA line at another gate round the other side go in about 10 minutes ahead of our line where we'd been queuing since 7am (some earlier) - there was almost a full blown riot with some of the people queuing and the security goons who were making the situation worse by threatening people that they wouldn't be opening the gates until people had calmed down.

Funnily enough I had similar issues in Manchester on the Elevation tour.
  3. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    Speaking of multiple gates, I hope they open the gates at the EXACT same time, completely unfair to do anything else.

Anyone go to Manchester 2005? They let in another GA line at another gate round the other side go in about 10 minutes ahead of our line where we'd been queuing since 7am (some earlier) - there was almost a full blown riot with some of the people queuing and the security goons who were making the situation worse by threatening people that they wouldn't be opening the gates until people had calmed down.

This is my worst nightmare.

Got my London 1 ticket today. Gate D!

Still waiting on my London 2 ticket...
  4. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]

Paris 2009 was even worse, took them an hour to open up the second gate. By the time we got in the stadium was half full
  5. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Paris 2009 was even worse, took them an hour to open up the second gate. By the time we got in the stadium was half full
    My God, thats pretty bad, sorry to hear that :-( I can't really think of a reason why they do that kind of thing other than stupidity lol.

Manchester #1 2001 I missed out on the heart despite being in the first few people queuing, the lines next to me were just flooding through for ages with people who had just showed up in the last hour. Ended up letting some steam off to who I now believe to be Adam's security guy (I think at least - the really tall fella who looks for people with pro recording equipment during shows etc). Some other people did the same including a really angry guy saying they were Stuart Morgan's cousin or something and pretty much demanding to get let in to the heart.

Then Manchester #1 2005 missed on a rail spot. Badly disorganised venue security seems to plague Manchester for sure. Thankfully no shows there this year.

I will say for anyone going to Twickenham though that 2005 was very well organised iirc - friendly and professional and helpful show security and I believe the gates opened at approx the same time. Same with London 2001 @ Earls Court, no problems at all, so hopefully that bodes well for this year.

Anyway looking forward to hearing the old "Walk, don't run!" line from the show security once through the gates
  6. YAY!

Hopefully it will be all good this year. Twickenham 2005 was pretty well organised iirc. Protip: If your line splits off into multiple lines, head in the direction of the one line with as few as possible that are carrying rucksacks / backpacks lol. Even more so with the current world climate, security inspections will be tighter than ever.
  7. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    YAY!

Hopefully it will be all good this year. Twickenham 2005 was pretty well organised iirc. Protip: If your line splits off into multiple lines, head in the direction of the one line with as few as possible that are carrying rucksacks / backpacks lol. Even more so with the current world climate, security inspections will be tighter than ever.
    On the TicketFast state "For safety reasons do not bring bags into the stadium."
  8. Rightly so.
  9. Good stuff, glad to see that. Though I'm sure it won't stop some or some won't see that.

10. Twix1 and 2 GA tickets arrived today...How BORING compared to the good old days at Wembley !

BTW getting back from Twickenham last time in 2005 was a nightmare. Chaotic transport soouth of the river.
  11. Most decorative that I've had was from Bon Jovi's Because We Can tour.
  12. Originally posted by Edi:[image]
    Twix1 and 2 GA tickets arrived today...How BORING compared to the good old days at Wembley !

BTW getting back from Twickenham last time in 2005 was a nightmare. Chaotic transport soouth of the river.
    Cool you got Sundays tix too then? Gonna stay in for the next few days so I don't miss any post.

My hotel for Twickenham was in Ealing (only one I could get relatively nearby) - but still an 8 mile walk back or something, since having queued up from 6am in what was probably the hottest day of the year. Saturday should be ok this year as the tube is 24 hours on Fri / Sats now is it not?, so I'll probably do the 1 or 2 mile walk to the tube station, but I'm not looking forward to getting back into central London after Sundays show, really no idea how thats going to pan out.

I have climbed the highest mountains... I have run through the fields... I have run... I have crawled... I have scaled these city walls... only to see U2

Sometimes it feels like that with the lengths we go to lol.