1. A fan based in Cork, Ireland has seen them over 980 times in 37 years!

Is this possible, he recently featured on RTE's Morning Ireland Show on the 16 January 2017. But over 900 shows over a 37 year time frame is off the scale. I'm trying to track him down for a chat. lol

I hope this link works but this is where he revealed all. He appeared at the end of the broadcast under the caption "I'm heading for nearly 990 gigs in 37 years"

https://goo.gl/2qPb63
  2. Originally posted by daymo1202:A fan based in Cork, Ireland has seen them over 980 times in 37 years!

Is this possible, he recently featured on RTE's Morning Ireland Show on the 16 January 2017. But over 900 shows over a 37 year time frame is off the scale. I'm trying to track him down for a chat. lol

I hope this link works but this is where he revealed all. He appeared at the end of the broadcast under the caption "I'm heading for nearly 990 gigs in 37 years"

https://goo.gl/2qPb63
    I suppose its possible. Good for him. I still cant fathom how or what these people do that can afford travel and lodging as well as tickets (and obtaining tickets) for every show on a tour, but God bless 'em!
  3. Seems ludicrous. That would be entire years of your life on hold to follow tours.
  4. That's more than half of all U2 dates ever taken place and then I'm including all various and early dates as well.

If we're talking 'regular' tour dates, this is more than two third of all shows.
  5. That's messed up.

Six shows.

I've been a fan of the band for 30 years and I've seen six shows with number seven coming in June.

Maybe I'm not as big of a fan as I thought I was.
  6. Wow that is alot of shows, I'm somewhere in the 30's since 1993
  7. Is he a member of the band?
  8. Welsh_Edge,

That just about sums it up lol

I can't even imagine the financial side of it
  9. Haha, this is awesome. Can't imagine what else he gets to experience in heaven!
  10. That is an insane amount of shows, I think if money was unlimited I'd be keen to see maybe a couple from each leg of a tour hoping to catch some rarities. I think the travelling would kill the enjoyment for me, If I'd been living in New York though when they played eight nights there on the I&E tour I would have went to every show, again if money was no object.