1. Don't know if I'm on the right thread folder but involves U2 so.
    I was talking to a friend and we came up with a thought, we have 4 huuuuge tours going on this year. The Joshua Tree 2017 by our beloved band, This House Is Not For Sale by Bon Jovi, Not In This Lifetime by Guns n' Roses and Worldwired by Metallica, 4 huge bands doing huge tours, my thought is, who's gonna be the tour of the year in 2017?
  2. Seeing that its the second year of the GNR reunion tour, I think the hype for that one has subsided. I might be a bit bias here as well as I used to be a HUGE GNR fan and have yet to buy tickets for a show (Buffalo) that is less than a two-hour drive from my house - and probably won't in the end.

Bon Jovi can't even get into the R&R HoF (which really surprises me, to be honest) so that, imho, takes anything they do down a notch or two.

Metallica can't even get people to plug in their microphones properly (sorry, lame Grammy joke) so that they can't be the biggest.

Which leaves us with U2. Discounting everything I said above, it will obviously be the BIGGEST and BEST of them all. It's one of the greatest bands ever performing one of the GREATEST albums ever. (No bias here. )
  3. Originally posted by RUMMY:Seeing that its the second year of the GNR reunion tour, I think the hype for that one has subsided. I might be a bit bias here as well as I used to be a HUGE GNR fan and have yet to buy tickets for a show (Buffalo) that is less than a two-hour drive from my house - and probably won't in the end.

Bon Jovi can't even get into the R&R HoF (which really surprises me, to be honest) so that, imho, takes anything they do down a notch or two.

Metallica can't even get people to plug in their microphones properly (sorry, lame Grammy joke) so that they can't be the biggest.

Which leaves us with U2. Discounting everything I said above, it will obviously be the BIGGEST and BEST of them all. It's one of the greatest bands ever performing one of the GREATEST albums ever. (No bias here. )
    subsided? the leg on the other side of the world sold millions, they made a shit ton of money just in Australia and NZ.
    there is someone inside the Hall Of Fame that doesn't like Jon Bon Jovi, he say that is the reason the band is not in. every time since 2005, Bon Jovi won tour of the year (2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2013)
    Metallica is a huge tour but I also believe they won't be the biggest but is because they tour every year the same places.
    my bet is on U2, Bon Jovi, Guns
  4. Originally posted by RUMMY:Seeing that its the second year of the GNR reunion tour, I think the hype for that one has subsided. I might be a bit bias here as well as I used to be a HUGE GNR fan and have yet to buy tickets for a show (Buffalo) that is less than a two-hour drive from my house - and probably won't in the end.

Had 2 GA tickets in my cart for Metallica. Got excited , then saw the price. $160 plus fees per ticket. SCREW THAT. Pass.
  5. Originally posted by cqleonardo:[..]
    subsided? the leg on the other side of the world sold millions, they made a shit ton of money just in Australia and NZ.
    there is someone inside the Hall Of Fame that doesn't like Jon Bon Jovi, he say that is the reason the band is not in. every time since 2005, Bon Jovi won tour of the year (2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2013)
    Metallica is a huge tour but I also believe they won't be the biggest but is because they tour every year the same places.
    my bet is on U2, Bon Jovi, Guns
    I guess the fact that GNR is coming back to North America this summer for a second go around has decreased the hype of it all. There's still lots of tickets remaining for near-to-me places like Buffalo and Ottawa.

Bon Jovi won "tour of the year?" Is that a money thing? They were ahead of U2 in 2005 and 2010?
  6. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    I guess the fact that GNR is coming back to North America this summer for a second go around has decreased the hype of it all. There's still lots of tickets remaining for near-to-me places like Buffalo and Ottawa.

Bon Jovi won "tour of the year?" Is that a money thing? They were ahead of U2 in 2005 and 2010?
    I fucked up, they didn't won tour of the year in 2005, 2006 the Stones won with the Bigger Bang tour, Bon Jovi came in second and U2 in third
    2010: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/949535/top-25-tours-of-2010