1. they should've done a pool on their website with 4 concerts available to be voted to go on the box set....
  2. They should just stop the nonsense and release classic concerts from the vault..as Pearl Jam do , and now even Bruce is releasing his old epic gigs .

I'd be all over them , like say a December 1984 show ? Maybe Radio City in NYC 12.03.84 ? or basically any full show from UF 1984-'85 !!

Release a couple of shows a year ... Maybe the epic Brussels show from July 8th 1987 ???????.....or Edge's classic Birthday show in Cork '87 ?

Rotterdam '90 ??

How about Yankee Stadium 1992 ?

The classic shows from the '80's and ZooTV '92 are endless of course....maybe even a PoP show ? Maybe the epic Sarajevo show ? etc etc etc

For me , the only thing drawing me to this (yet another) re-release of JT is the MSG show (which I was at) .The drawback of course , is it isn't even the compete show..to boot , for $5 the entire show is available on Wolfgangs vault.....so as of now , Ill pass on this .
  3. I'm questioning whether I'll buy anything again...not because I'll download it illegally for free (I've pretty much ended that virus-catching habit) but Apple Music allows me to listen to anything I want at anytime.
  4. Originally posted by RUMMY:I'm questioning whether I'll buy anything again...not because I'll download it illegally for free (I've pretty much ended that virus-catching habit) but Apple Music allows me to listen to anything I want at anytime.
    this, I stopped downloading and now I listen to everything on Spotify, the only songs I downloaded the last two years were songs that are not available here on Spotify Brazil, i'm a young guy, when I hit puberty cds were not a thing anymore, so I don't have that thing to go buy the record and collect the discography of the band, I wanna have all their releases but I can't afford it now so, if they release it on Spotify i'm cool with it
  5. If I had the space (and more money), I might buy more of these types of releases but they just end up collecting dust (or I just give them away, eventually, which isn't very smart.)

Edit: I know I've said this before but my AB 20th Anniversary 2CD set and my From The Sky Down DVD still remain in their packaging. Heck, that 2013 subscription gift (or was is 2014?) - the book - still remains in the brown box it was shipped in.
  6. If they brought out a super deluxe thing that had loads of live material I'd probably buy it once I'd saved a bit, but im not that tempted by new versions of songs or a disc of stuff that was in a previous release. If they'd waited til the end of the tour and brought out the MSG gig from 87 and a gig from this tour both on cd and DVD then then I would definitely have went for it but I'm happy to pay for the 2 cd version as it is.
  7. I bet that any U2 fan would trade all the b-sides for new soundboard shows
  8. Originally posted by EDDMB:They should just stop the nonsense and release classic concerts from the vault..as Pearl Jam do , and now even Bruce is releasing his old epic gigs .

I'd be all over them , like say a December 1984 show ? Maybe Radio City in NYC 12.03.84 ? or basically any full show from UF 1984-'85 !!

Release a couple of shows a year ... Maybe the epic Brussels show from July 8th 1987 ???????.....or Edge's classic Birthday show in Cork '87 ?

Rotterdam '90 ??

How about Yankee Stadium 1992 ?

The classic shows from the '80's and ZooTV '92 are endless of course....maybe even a PoP show ? Maybe the epic Sarajevo show ? etc etc etc

For me , the only thing drawing me to this (yet another) re-release of JT is the MSG show (which I was at) .The drawback of course , is it isn't even the compete show..to boot , for $5 the entire show is available on Wolfgangs vault.....so as of now , Ill pass on this .
    I agree with most of what you are saying. But it will probably never happen. Even though they have every show since 1982 archived.

But we do not need further Popmart (loved the tour), PLENTY of FM broadcasts and other very good recordings exist and are available already. Sarajevo was an FM broadcast. I do not need an "official" version of that. (Plus Bono's vocals are obviously bad, the band would never officially release it for that alone).

Probably the best two shows that come to mind for me that were filmed with full camera crews that have never been released complete are the last Tempe 1987 show and the November 18th 1989 Sydney show. My pick would be the Sydney show which was one of U2's better shows period.
  9. Can you still download the listed shows on Wolfgang's Vault or just stream them? I can't find where to download.