1. Originally posted by ahn1991:I mean, statistically speaking the more material you have the fewer plays each one will have assuming you haven't gravitated towards a particular favorite. It's the same argument people use regarding setlist variation when they groan about hearing Pride for the millionth time.

From the standpoint of wanting a collection, sure I'd gather a million bootlegs if I had the time and resources to store that much. However, I'd rather have one solid bootleg that best encompasses the tour, especially if I want to listen to a gig in full and not Frankenstein the best performances together. From the standpoint of free material, of course it's easy to say there are no diminishing returns because it doesn't cost anything to accumulate 15,000 bootlegs on this site. If I'm going to pay money for a recording, it had better have something that I can't already get for free, otherwise it really isn't financially justifiable.

Let's not misunderstand, I have a hefty collection of bootlegs myself. Many of them I've given a listen in full and moved to storage.
    I'd argue you won't get a better sound quality bootleg from the tour anywhere. There's a difference between official and even the very best bootlegs out there. Performance wise I'm sure there are at least equals to it from the tour, however if I was making a playlist I'd pick a version of this official release over any bootleg available. As a collector it made it an even easier decision for me to buy but even if your not a collector official live audio shouldn't be overlooked.
  2. This is very true. Maybe I'll get it when the wallet isn't feeling as light thanks to the new shows they just announced.
  3. Originally posted by ahn1991:This is very true. Maybe I'll get it when the wallet isn't feeling as light thanks to the new shows they just announced.
    That seems like the right order: shows won't wait, while cd's are patient and likely to drop in price over time
    (most can be bought "2nd hand" on discogs).
  4. I'm buying this in three months
  5. Silly question but does anybody else have trouble getting the vinyl paper cases into the cardboard ones?
  6. The box sets seem to hold value well , if not increase
  7. I think it depends how limited the boxset is, like achtung baby uber seems to have increased in price so I'm guessing there's not a lot of them about especially when you consider the price. This one isn't quite as big a package with the super deluxe so there could be more made and it might not be as desirable either, similar to my 360 boxset which I imagine wouldn't get the same price back I paid for it.