1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's a joke.
    Ctrl+c / Ctrl+V means copy and paste, which is what they've done with Bono's vocals in this new mix. Copy and paste new and old vocals together.
    Ha. I thought that's what you were getting at but wasn't quite sure.
  2. Just catching up with first listen now....it sounds tacky frankly
  3. it's not going to be as good as the original. Bono was not, at his best, good enough for the original. He somehow got that vocal on tape and the history is as we know it...what was going to be a single became a song that would never be played live because he went after that chorus with his pure voice rather than falsetto.

If he couldn't make it in 1987, he isn't going to make it in 2017. So the song needs some reworking. We all know that, reasonably. Here, they are giving us (well, selling us) the updated version of the song that will require the most altering to perform. No artist in their 50s and 60s hits their 20s register. But he is still of good voice. So we have the reworked song. And while it is the same chord progression, it is brought to today.

I like the original. I preferred Michael Jordan's game in his 20s, and assume David Beckham slotted a set piece a bit better in 1997 than 2017. Is it good enough to still go see? I think so.
  4. Call me crazy but i do like this version- especially the ending with edges vocals
  5. There is a strange Edge bum note though...anyone else notice?
  6. I'm probably going to get banned for this but

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    I like this version more than the original
  7. What is it you prefer more on this latest version?
  8. I can kick it up notch by saying

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    I don't like the old or new RHMT... In fact, I think I'm the only one on this planet that doesn't enjoy listening to it on record. .

*waits for the Ban hammer to hit*
  9. Each time you guys say RHMT is not utterly brilliant, a little kitten dies.
  10. 3rd best song on the JT for me so that might balance things out a bit. This new version would still rank strongly but it doesn't beat the original.
  11. The original RHMT is in my top 5 of U2 songs. The new version is ok. But do not understand why this version is the new single, it will never be played this way live.
  12. I think Bono's voice is better in the verses than they are on the original, they kept the chorus original (I think they used different takes?) which is nice. I like the additional horns. The bass and drum sounds better and the background vocals are nice.