1. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Still Haven't Found is so well recorded and well produced, it's one of few U2 songs that to me sounds better on the album than they've ever been able to make it sound in a live context.

There are definitely performances of Still Haven't Found that give me those same feelings (Rotterdam 92 comes to mind), but the album version is just special to me. Could be the context of which I first heard it though. Memories..
    100% agree, I keep trying to find a concert with a version that can match the album and I don't think it exists. I think I actually rate the song down a bit because of that when in reality the studio version is right up there with there best stuff.
  2. Awww, that was so much time ago that it hurts. We DEFINITELY need to get that petition going for 2019!!
  3. The album version is a classic as well. Some of my best memories were during the spring and summer of '87, when the song was on nearly every radio station. It stayed on the US charts for a long time and a had a lot of happy memories during that summer.

Melodically, it is one my favorite songs of all time.