1. I agree.. For me it's the Gretsch Edge is playing and that it's a semitone higher than Bono was expecting :-)
  2. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    I agree.. For me it's the Gretsch Edge is playing and that it's a semitone higher than Bono was expecting :-)
    That version was markedly different with the chorus coming in so fast.

3. I mean it is an interesting quirky change as a one off but other than that it isn't anything special for me personally. It didn't blow me away or anything or make me want to listen to it again over any other post 90 version.

I get why people may enjoy it but I just can't connect with it.
  4. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    I agree.. For me it's the Gretsch Edge is playing and that it's a semitone higher than Bono was expecting :-)
    Exactly !
  5. It’s passionate as hell too, it’s like idk how you choose Sarajevo over this. Anyone know how his guitar would’ve been off a semitone lol you figure that song for them is like so simple now
  6. That’s the kind of version I’d put amongst my least favourites. No first verse sang, Bono’s singing not exactly on point either.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:That’s the kind of version I’d put amongst my least favourites. No first verse sang, Bono’s singing not exactly on point either.
    Sarajevo? Yeah it’s all Edge basically, I don’t like it either but it’s pretty sick Edge hits the notes. But if you are talking Vegas than you can’t say Sarajevo is better because it isn’t even close hahaha personally I think Bono does a great job with the chorus notes at Vegas
  8. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    Sarajevo? Yeah it’s all Edge basically, I don’t like it either but it’s pretty sick Edge hits the notes. But if you are talking Vegas than you can’t say Sarajevo is better because it isn’t even close hahaha personally I think Bono does a great job with the chorus notes at Vegas
    It was Vegas I was talking about but I don’t like Sarajevo either.
  9. That’s a perfectly acceptable answer hahahaha I do love that Gretsch
  10. Yeah, I guess that was Bono panicking about hitting those notes and deciding to go for the chorus right away..
  11. Dortmund 84
  12. Tokyo 1989/11/26