1. Hello everyone, looking for the best available live versions of my favourite U2 song "Pride"

I am also aware that on the majority of U2 forums people seem to be sick of hearing Pride unfortunately, but there's no mistaking it's one of the bands all time greatest songs, I'd appreciate hearing people's favourite live version of Pride, cheers
  2. I think one of my favourite versions has to be the 'Save The Yuppie' SF gig - 11th Nov 1987 - it's the one where Bono runs off-stage to indulge in a little graffiti, and whilst he does the rest of the band have to fill in for a couple of minutes or so - so it's a nice extended version - and the recordings out there are excellent quality - a total must have show if you don't already have it.
  3. I like the version from Rattle and Hum a fair bit.... Just something about it for me not quite sure what it is, maybe just the energy. Sounds killer on vinyl.

Also this one from the Unforgettable Fire Tour

If you want something from the IE tour (although not a patch on the other 2), this one is pretty good for a recent version

I feel like it lost some of the power after the 80's, although not crap, I feel like the song just fits that period well and really fit Bono's voice during the 1980s. I did think it had a solid comeback on the IE tour vs the other 2000 tours. I enjoyed it at the shows I went to anyway, was fun to sing along too and the crowd got into it. For me its one of those songs that I kinda like more on record somehow - its more atmospheric, I feel the same about ISHFWILF
  4. I like the one at Conspiracy Of Hope Tour in East Rutherford, you should find it on YouTube.
  5. The rattle and hum version is amazing, the energy is sumblime, they never play it at that tempo anymore
  6. well... some of my current faves:

1984-08-31 Wellington: Second Pride ever... Edge's guitar before the "early morning, april 4's part" is like album version

1984-11-15 London: Version with extended and great ending

1986-06-15 East Rutherford: Just love the way Bono sing the chorus here

1992-06-13 Kiel: Not the best in tech therms, but great and loud backing vocals by Edge and great crowd
  7. The R&H version is sped up artificially, isn't it?
  8. Not sure about the album version but all/most songs in the DVD are sped up (and in a higher key, consequently).
  9. Yes it is. At least on some versions of the DVD like the one I linked the slower version isnt on youtube much as it gets picked up by the copyright thing. The blu ray version is at the normal speed
  10. Didn’t want to make a new post but does anyone know of different versions of Pride where Bono opens with the chorus like Vegas in 1997? Was it common in Popmart and am I just forgetting or was that mainly a one off thing where he would open with the “in the name of love”
  11. I did like the way they freshened it up with a bass laden intro on e+i
  12. I prefer the studio version of Pride. After 35 years the live version of Pride is boring and usually I skip the song, while listening.