1. You know those moments were U2 brings chills, or tears, or excitement etc...to your life. If I go on a U2 watching/listening binge, I'm usually emotionally drained when I'm done. I mean this in a great way. I will start with three examples to get this thread going I hope
    1) Milan 2009--Bono brings Eve up on stage for her birthday and dances with her during Party Girl.
    2) Slane 2001--Bono looking back and smiling at Larry during the middle break during Pride... A touching moment that shows friendship.
    3) Mexico 1997-- Bono screaming " and they will never tear us apart" during All I Want Is You as a tribute to Hutchence, who passed away a few weeks before the show.
  2. I really got chills from the intro to Iris on i+e. The spooky, chiming, outer-space intro and Bono calling out 'Iris? Iris? Iris.....' Beautiful stuff.
  3. Running to stand still into Streets - Sydney 1993
  4. Dirty Day into Bullet into Running to stand still into Streets, best sequence of songs they ever played
  5. I'd say the Super Bowl half time show has got to be one of the most emotional moments in music history. I'm not American but what that little show must have meant to so many and the way it was done with the names up on the screen going from MLK into Streets, wow. The whole slane gig is up there for emotional too, kite where Bono is visibly upset and one as well I thinks a pretty special performance . In terms of a gig I was actually at bad in Brussels 2010 was pretty special, it was completely unexpected and I'd only seen it live once before when I was about 10 so it wasn't quite as clear in the memory. The 2nd night in Glasgow on the I&E tour as well when they played it was amazing too, it was my fiancés first u2 show and they'd already played Gloria 2nd which was one I was hoping for so Bad just topped the night of in fine style.
  6. Slane 2001 - All I want is you/streets transion
  7. Also dunno about magical but certainly a moment that is prettu powerfull. During the San Antonio Popmart show Bono does a Waltzing Matilda snippet and gets pretty emotional after Michael Hutchens had just passed away.
  8. Walk On and One at MSG in 2001 with the names of those killed on 9/11 scrolling on the walls.

I'd find it hard to believe more tears of sadness, joy and unity have ever been shed at any other series of concerts. Simply unforgettable.