1. I was told today the record coming out tomorrow sells for only $14.99. I was amazed it was so cheap. I was expecting to pay up to $150 for it.

I'm planning on buying two copies for myself, to frame either side. If I can get away with snagging more, I'd be more than willing to trade for some other piece of memoriablia.

Let you know tomorrow how many I get.
  2. I hoped it wouldn't get up passed that $20 mark for just a single, I can live with $15,

I'm shooting for 2. 1 for myself, 1 for my ol' man.
  3. I was planning to buy one tomorrow, but I'm going to buy it online.
  4. Originally posted by phil_lebo:I was told today the record coming out tomorrow sells for only $14.99. I was amazed it was so cheap. I was expecting to pay up to $150 for it.

I'm planning on buying two copies for myself, to frame either side. If I can get away with snagging more, I'd be more than willing to trade for some other piece of memoriablia.

$150? WTF. Not even the more expensive copies will go for that price on Ebay and similar sites.
  5. Originally posted by phil_lebo:I was told today the record coming out tomorrow sells for only $14.99. I was amazed it was so cheap. I was expecting to pay up to $150 for it.

Lets hope they only sell you the one copy, too many people buy extra for profit,experienced this myself 2 years ago queued for hours outside our local record store for SOI vinyl only to find the guy up front purchased them all, then made a huge profit out of me when he realized i wanted it......................
  6. I thought the while point of record store day was to attract people back into the shops. $150 vinyl will not do that and completely goes against the point of the day.
  7. Originally posted by hawkmoon_269:[..]
    Lets hope they only sell you the one copy, too many people buy extra for profit,experienced this myself 2 years ago queued for hours outside our local record store for SOI vinyl only to find the guy up front purchased them all, then made a huge profit out of me when he realized i wanted it......................
    I'm not looking to profit. Was hoping to help someone else out that can't find/get one. Didn't think offering a trade was unreasonable. I wouldn't put on eBay or anything. Not my style.
  8. Originally posted by AllBeacauseOfZoo:I thought the while point of record store day was to attract people back into the shops. $150 vinyl will not do that and completely goes against the point of the day.
    I never did record store day. Missed the last one. I'm a comic book guy, so when I hear "limited edition" I automatically think high prices. Had absolutely no idea they would be so inexpensive.
  9. Originally posted by phil_lebo:[..]
    I'm not looking to profit. Was hoping to help someone else out that can't find/get one. Didn't think offering a trade was unreasonable. I wouldn't put on eBay or anything. Not my style.
    I think your intentions are clearly for the good, but what the original comment is getting at is if they sell you more than one they'd be willing to sell others more than one possibly people that would be happy to profit from it. What your doing is a good thing though as if everybody did that it would keep the record in the hands of collectors and for a fair trade.
  10. 12-Inch picture disc pressed in the EU for Record Store Day 2017. Features the new Steve Lillywhite mix of “Red Hill Mining Town” on both side A and side B. Released in a clear plastic sleeve, stickered with release information on a gold coloured stickered. We are told this release will not be numbered, and will not include a download code for the track.

Not so collector! (Wide Awake in Europe and SOI were numbered)

11. Got myself a copy!