We have a new You Too poll, you can vote for this new poll on the frontpage and discuss it in this thread.
The question of this new You Too is:
You Too: How would you rate the Red Hill Mining Town single?
- 1 star: Poor overall job, not worth the release
- 2 stars: Some parts are OK but mostly poor
- 3 stars: Decent, about the same as the original
- 4 stars: Good job, more than a decent release
- 5 stars: Amazing new version, can't wait to hear it live
Please vote on the frontpage of the website, in this topic you can tell us why you voted for your answer.
I think I like this better than the original. Maybe it's that current sounding mix but it's B-man's vocals as well. Can't really hear that the chorus is pasted but I believe you guys. Would be awesome if the song made some ruckus on the charts!
"As a teenager, Bowie was our Elvis. They shared the same birthday and they both took music somewhere no one thought it could go. It was his otherworldliness that took us all away. A sense that we are not just earth bound creatures..."
- Bono, 2016, after David Bowie's death
did you know
U2 had considered several other album titles for Achtung Baby, including Man (in contrast to the group's debut, Boy), 69, Zoo Station, and Adam, which would have been paired with the nude photo of Clayton. Other possible titles included Fear of Women, and Cruise Down Main Street.