1. We have another prominent Aidan in the forum, so that's now 2 of you Welcome!

Regarding the Zoo TV recommendation... well, most of the tour is excellent so just pick a random show and enjoy whatever comes up

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    A show you won't see being recommended much is Gent 92 which also has an excellent video bootleg (one of the few 92 video boots you'll find). There you go!
  2. Originally posted by aidanm21:[..]
    It was a wet day indeed, but a great show!! I was always a fan, but that concert made me a super-fan.I was only young, 15 I believe, but man what a show.

We travelled from the UK to visit the U2360 space ship in the forest ! I recall that the crowd started to warm up when the RCAF flew a couple of F-18 Hornets over with re-heat, The Arcade Fire helped too.
  3. Welcome, Aidan
  4. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Additionally, Rotterdam has my all-time favourite live U2 moment, with Until the End of the World/New Year's Day... I won't spoil it though!

(sorry, on mobile so I can't edit my last post)
    Wow, the end of UTEOTW was something!! I've never heard Bono like that before, quite a moment
  5. Yessssssss

My favourite bit of U2, right there. Blaring that in the car... the ending of UTEOTW, screaming into NYD... phenomenal.
  6. ...and after that Aidan don't forget to do your all your Popmart homework... Leeds 1997 'Pump It Up George' cranked up EBTTRT in the car and Mysterious Ways...angry Bono...Edge on fire !
  7. Originally posted by Edi:...and after that Aidan don't forget to do your all your Popmart homework... Leeds 1997 'Pump It Up George' cranked up EBTTRT in the car and Mysterious Ways...angry Bono...Edge on fire !
    Any other Popmart recommendations? The tour as a whole seems to be overlooked. But man oh man there were some great performances.
  8. Originally posted by Edi:...and after that Aidan don't forget to do your all your Popmart homework... Leeds 1997 'Pump It Up George' cranked up EBTTRT in the car and Mysterious Ways...angry Bono...Edge on fire !
    That's my favourite PopMart show! That Discothèque is unbelievable.
  9. Originally posted by aidanm21:[..]
    Any other Popmart recommendations? The tour as a whole seems to be overlooked. But man oh man there were some great performances.
    San Antonio 23/11/97, that seems to get a good reputation and with good sound, there's actually a lot of good sounding bootlegs for the Popmart tour.
  10. I would say Edmonton 15/6, East Rutherford 31/5 & 1/6, Prague 14/8, Nuremburg 18/8, Wembley 23/8, Leeds 28/8, Tel Aviv 30/9 - again lots of amazing shows and lots of amazing recordings throughout the tour though, just bear in mind that Bono's voice was pretty rough throughout most of the tour. Thankfully he started laying off the smokes in the years that followed.
  11. Sadly his voice was knackered for Sarajevo...that was the one we were all waiting for at the time.
  12. Originally posted by aidanm21:[..]
    Aidan,
    Regarding Popmart shows, you should definitely start with Santiago. That's out of this world, performances, public and the historic resonance of the show at that particular stadium make that concert unique.
    If you want a Popmart show still with Do You Feel Loved and If God Will Send His Angels, try Eugene.
    If you don't mind a few interference noise at the beginning, Popmart Madrid is fantastic.
    Cheers.