1. Originally posted by tchezao:There is only one public thing Bono is allowed to regret and be ashamed of is the decades of Coexist/refugee/drop the foolishness.

Meaning?

2. After reading all the topic posts, I strongely disagree with the idea about Bono being sad about not changing the world and all his efforts being in vain, not only he is not that important but also made a messy job trying to convince people about coexistence, peace and so on.
  3. I have 2 theories about what this song is about. I think its a very personal song and i think more about him / his life than a broader topic like climate change or changing the world.

The first is similar to Cesar’s analysis, and in line with the fairly obvious theme of a band breakup, except i think the song is back to a time in the past. Its about him being in the band at the beginning, when they were just making it big and felt like they owned the world. Then came the disillusionment they felt at the end of the JT tour, worrying they were becoming caricatures of themselves and during the time on the road he'd also strayed far from home and his values, with Ali / his family not really seeing him anymore. Suddenly he did not own the world. Then the next part talks about the struggle trying to get a breakthrough making Achtung Baby when they were not sure if they could find the old magic, and his fear that it was all over for them. Of course the latter part could refer to struggles with making SOE but I prefer to think it refers to the possibility of breakup in the past.

The second theory is that this song refers to the possible breakup of his marriage due to infidelity and / or falling out of love. At the beginning it's Bono’s during his flying high times “every heart was yours to please” but his conscience was talking to him about how it was not right. But then he either discovered Ali’s infidelity, or she his, and suddenly he was the victim not her, and it filled him with doubt as to whether they could find their way as a couple and whether the song, the “magic” would ever reappear or if it was the end. Admittedly this is kind of bleak and from all accounts their marriage seems super strong, but maybe this harkens back to an earlier time when things may have been pretty difficult.

Regardless its an incredible song and I’ve probably spent way too much time thinking about it.
  4. It's back!
  5. That version blew me away. It was so good!!!
  6. What hasn't really been dissected is how the final guitar solo is just so much better than anything recently - there's no synth backup or willingness to hide the solo under a layer of effects.
    As for Larry- great to see a bit of a good thrashing happening.
  7. Basically just to agree with the above comments probably the best performance of the little things last night, glad the band feel like it still has a place on the tour after being dropped the night before.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:Basically just to agree with the above comments probably the best performance of the little things last night, glad the band feel like it still has a place on the tour after being dropped the night before.
    Prob's a surprise for night 2 fans
  9. I'm going to night 1 in London so I might have something to get worried about because I really want to hear it, I'm sort of torn between whether I'd prefer ASOH or the Little things, ideally both but I'd maybe opt for ASOH as the little things is likely to get played on a future tour but ASOH isn't.
  10. I'll visit Berlin, luckily they're only doing 1 show there. So they have to play it (hopefully)
  11. This is a great, great song. The Rose Bowl performance is definitely the best so far!

Bono did well with the ending.