1. Originally posted by drewhiggins:This really is a quality song. Hopefully they won't end up killing it when it's finally recorded for the album, if it is. That second half of the song truly makes it.
    Sure it is a fantastic new song. Good lyric yes.
    I think they don't play it every concert at the Euroleg. And not sa a last song. Maybe it kils. Hopefully in AMS1. But I think it will be Vertigo or IWF. We will see.
  2. Just a little curiousity I stumbled upon regarding the title of the song...

Bono uses the song title when talking about Edge changing his t-shirt from a number 2, to a number 1 t-shirt for the 'Elevation' video on the MTV Making Of documentary for the video.

So it's clearly one of these phrases he's had tucked away for quite some time, maybe the song even goes back that far in some shape or form.
  3. Great find. If I could award you a star I would. Thanks for sharing the tip!
  4. Originally posted by Caledonia:Just a little curiousity I stumbled upon regarding the title of the song...

Bono uses the song title when talking about Edge changing his t-shirt from a number 2, to a number 1 t-shirt for the 'Elevation' video on the MTV Making Of documentary for the video.

So it's clearly one of these phrases he's had tucked away for quite some time, maybe the song even goes back that far in some shape or form.
    Oooh, I love little things like that.

Is this likely to make it to Europe? I haven't heard it yet and I'm on the fence as to whether I should learn all the words now or to just wait for it.
  5. Originally posted by iTim:[..]
    Oooh, I love little things like that.

Is this likely to make it to Europe? I haven't heard it yet and I'm on the fence as to whether I should learn all the words now or to just wait for it.
    I hope they play it! It's a great song.
  6. Is it just me or would anyone else be happy for the outro of this song to just continue on a loop. I love it, it's just a song that builds and builds and builds until we get to this amazing outro with edges great guitar work. Incredible.
  7. I have a problem with new U2 songs, I hate them at first... I remember when SOI was out, I listened to the album an entire week and just didn't click it to me... than the tour started and now the album is my favorite but, this song, Little Things... is so good that I loved at the first time I listened....
  8. I like Things, great song from the beginning. Based on the recordings my opinion is that Things is a good closer.
  9. Originally posted by JeroenAFCA:[..]
    OK, i'll give you the I&E tour. But dropping every song from NLONTH surprised me.

They played Magnificent in Amsterdam, and regularly snippeted Moment of Surrender, which are, IMHO, the best songs on that album.
  10. Originally posted by I_LIKE_U2:

The new song sounds pretty good, but am I the only one that's a little nervous about them debuting it live? I'm afraid that if the song doesn't get the reaction they're hoping for they might lose confidence in it and go back to the drawing board yet again and push the album back even further.

I don't know, it just seems like U2 get spooked easily if they don't think something they do is going to be the biggest thing in the world and it makes them take forever in finishing their records. And I sometimes feel like they're almost looking for any reason to start retooling stuff again.

Just thought about this. I never posted my reviews of Miami, Tampa, and Louisville, but I was really sad that it was the only 3 shows that were in a row that did not have any setlist variation, and I did not get to hear the new song. But I guess I can be happy that I got North Star and The Wanderer in 2011...
  11. Originally posted by I_LIKE_U2:Posted this in the Vancouver thread but maybe this is a better place for it?

The new song sounds pretty good, but am I the only one that's a little nervous about them debuting it live? I'm afraid that if the song doesn't get the reaction they're hoping for they might lose confidence in it and go back to the drawing board yet again and push the album back even further.

I know everyone here is stoked to hear new stuff, but in general, people prefer to hear songs they already know at live shows so they can sing along and stuff. The chances of a new song getting an overwhelming reaction when played mostly for people who have never heard it are never great. Especially in this setting (a stadium tour for the 30th anniversary of one of there most revered albums), there's going to be a pretty big portion of casual fans in attendance that aren't going to care about hearing a new song. And the crowd was clearly way more into the main set than the last couple songs. But that's just the nature of doing something like this. That doesn't mean it's not a good song.

I don't know, it just seems like U2 get spooked easily if they don't think something they do is going to be the biggest thing in the world and it makes them take forever in finishing their records. And I sometimes feel like they're almost looking for any reason to start retooling stuff again.

Debut it in SA, they will give a great reaction