1. It's gonna be overproduced anyway
  2. Perfect closer for E+I shows
  3. THEY DIDN'T ATYCLB RAPE THIS ONE!

I was so afraid they would, the live (Kimmel) version is still better but this is for me in the top 5 of best songs they've made in the last 20 years.
  4. First part is better studio than the piano style...
  5. It has lost some of the raw magic of the live version but there runs the risk of intriducing the song so long before the album release. A few of the nuances of the album version are lost in the quality of this leak. I had high hopes for this one.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:It has lost some of the raw magic of the live version but there runs the risk of intriducing the song so long before the album release. A few of the nuances of the album version are lost in the quality of this leak. I had high hopes for this one.
    it's more atmospheric as a result
  7. I can't pick that up just yet. Strikes me as a tad overdone. Same as the album version of EBW. Will find out when I hear it proper.
  8. It's much more atmospheric, the recording isn't great on the mp3, need to hear it properly.

Great close of the song though.
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I can't pick that up just yet. Strikes me as a tad overdone. Same as the album version of EBW. Will find out when I hear it proper.
    definitely prefer album version of EBW than the only Bono Edge piano which is pretty boring...
  10. Myself also. The studio version is just a bit too much though. Something a little more stripped back than what we got on the record would have been preferred.
  11. I seriously think from all the pre-release songs we heard, the live renditions were so much better. While this still sounds pretty damn good, it just seems to have lost that beautiful sound from the live version - that said, wow, that end minute or two just makes this song.