2017-05-21 - Pasadena
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 5
  1. Originally posted by revjisok:i would not worry about setlists right now.worry about concerts being canceled world wide.worry how fear will tear us farther apart if we let it.
    I think a part of what U2 is about is not letting fear and hatred tear us apart and divide us. The show ill go on.
  2. The show must go on.
  3. Please don't get me wrong, but after considering pro's and con's, I don't think that any concert should be canceled. I can perfectly understand that the Paris shows had to be postponed, but if we act based on our fears, "they" have won, haven't they?
    I still feel safe going to huge concerts and I won't stop. Even considering that we as a huge group of people gathering together for a show are an easy soft target, getting hurt or killed in a traffic accident on the way to the venue is far more likely than by a suicide bomber on the site, statistically.
    If there'd be a show tonight, I'd go.
    Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Again, please don't get me wrong. It's terrible what happened last night and I cannot imagine the pain of those who lost their loved ones, nor can I find the right words to describe my sentiments and feelings and sadness about what happened.
  4. Originally posted by Papo:Please don't get me wrong, but after considering pro's and con's, I don't think that any concert should be canceled. I can perfectly understand that the Paris shows had to be postponed, but if we act based on our fears, "they" have won, haven't they?
    I still feel safe going to huge concerts and I won't stop. Even considering that we as a huge group of people gathering together for a show are an easy soft target, getting hurt or killed in a traffic accident on the way to the venue is far more likely than by a suicide bomber on the site, statistically.

Again, please don't get me wrong. It's terrible what happened last night and I cannot imagine the pain of those who lost their loved ones, nor can I find the right words to describe my sentiments and feelings and sadness about what happened.
    I agree
  5. Originally posted by Papo:Please don't get me wrong, but after considering pro's and con's, I don't think that any concert should be canceled. I can perfectly understand that the Paris shows had to be postponed, but if we act based on our fears, "they" have won, haven't they?

I also agree, lets all stick together and carry on doing the things we love. Of course we all spare a thought for the victims and there families but we have to carry on.
  6. Originally posted by Papo:Please don't get me wrong, but after considering pro's and con's, I don't think that any concert should be canceled. I can perfectly understand that the Paris shows had to be postponed, but if we act based on our fears, "they" have won, haven't they?

I certainly agree with you.
  7. Shows and events must go on.

The cowards that perpetrate these acts look for soft targets. Any soft targets. Not just concerts.

I'm thinking that the next SBS will be quite intense.

RIP poor souls in Manchester.
  8. Without a known threat, nothing in the States will be cancelled.
  9. Originally posted by Papo:Please don't get me wrong, but after considering pro's and con's, I don't think that any concert should be canceled. I can perfectly understand that the Paris shows had to be postponed, but if we act based on our fears, "they" have won, haven't they?

I agree
  10. I am not trivializing death, but really...even with this event, your chances of being killed or hurt by terrorists at a concert are so insanely infinitesimal, they are almost incalculable. The drive to the show is much more dangerous. Your drive to work, or commute to work to make the money to buy the ticket is much more dangerous. You going to a shopping center to get provisions for your trip is much more dangerous. Storms with lightning are much more dangerous.

As a push back against such terror operations, we should not stop, or amend. But as a pure mathematical calculation, terrorism has been an active part of the western world for quite a while, and still, the numbers of people who have gone to a concert vs the number injured by terrorists at concerts ends up really far down the list of things to worry about or fear. The "oh, no...this is the start" rings hollow, because why would now be the start? These individual situations are tragic, sickening...and scary. And I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind standing in the Rose Bowl Saturday night every time a song mention a bomb blast.

But the reality is the math...the terror is the emotion. It's the whole point...to terrorize you into amending how you live your life. If the actual math doesn't match the terror, you have to push through the terror.