2017-05-24 - Houston
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yes!
    One thing I like a lot is that the big refugee speech that I was expecting prior to Mothers is not happening and they're Bono is letting the song speak for itself. Kudos!
    I was super excited to hear this song live, as I never thought I would, and I loved the performance. Only problem was, it came right after Exit, which was so powerful and amazing, I was a little underwhelmed with it.
  2. I asked my roommate's sister in law what the reaction was to the anti-Trump subtleties and she said "Except for a trio of middle aged chicks who were complaining loudly that they JUST LOVE BONO BUT HATES WHEN HE GETS POLITICAL the whole stadium cheered loudly at all the political/tongue in cheek parts"
  3. The ovation when Michelle Obama appears in the screen during UV is moving too

4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    "Put your hand against the screen" was commonly shouted by The Fly back in the day, and I can't imagine a better way to end Exit than that.

Ah, I was wondering where that came from! Cool.
  5. Just for the record, I'm doubting if it's The Fly or Mirrorball Man, but it doesn't really matter Did the sentence ring a bell with you too?
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Just for the record, I'm doubting if it's The Fly or Mirrorball Man, but it doesn't really matter Did the sentence ring a bell with you too?
    It was The Fly
  7. I thought it was the mirror ball man
  8. 0:22
  9. The first recording of JT Houston is now in our pages.
  10. What happened at 1:28?