2017-05-26 - Dallas
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 0
  1. Each venue does it differently. Contact your venue. Here, to keep people from sitting in line for hours, they started issuing sequentially numbered wristbands at 6am. Once you get your number you can leave and come back before gates open at 5pm to get your place in line based on your wristband number.
  2. Originally posted by searly:Each venue does it differently. Contact your venue. Here, to keep people from sitting in line for hours, they started issuing sequentially numbered wristbands at 6am. Once you get your number you can leave and come back before gates open at 5pm to get your place in line based on your wristband number.
    I've been to several gigs myself and NEVER encountered this (gladly, what a bs system).
  3. So basically the number is just to have a spot when gates open? So it's 50/50 you'll actually got a better spot on the floor than the guy that strolls up at 5?
  4. The heat index is going to be 100 degrees today so it is appreciated by those in line.
  5. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    So basically the number is just to have a spot when gates open? So it's 50/50 you'll actually got a better spot on the floor than the guy that strolls up at 5?
    I think with this tour unlike 360 ga is still a bit of a free for all once your in. It made sense on 360 tour to get there early for a spot in the circle where you could get a wrist band to go in and out but the I&E tour and this one I don't think require getting there too early.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think with this tour unlike 360 ga is still a bit of a free for all once your in. It made sense on 360 tour to get there early for a spot in the circle where you could get a wrist band to go in and out but the I&E tour and this one I don't think require getting there too early.
    Even on 360 I didn't wait in line or get wristband. Now, I wasn't vying for a pinned against the stage spot, mind you, but I had no issues arriving as gates opened. I guess it's all a matter of where you want to be. For TJT87, I spent the night at stadium and when gates opened it was still a free for all mad dash to the stage. I spent that entire day pinned to the front of the stage and it was bruised silken skin glorious, but I was also 18 years old then. Body ain't made for that anymore. I'll let the young folk cram themselves in and walk around til I find the sweet spot on the sound and camp there with room to dance and flail!
  7. Ouch! Yeah... Miami in June. Another reason I don't plan on any bum rushing!

Enjoy yourself tonight! Hopefully it's the homecoming of Homecoming!
  8. I don't care about getting close on the floor. I was close in Dallas #2 2001. I got my fill of waiting all day.

If anyone wants to say hi, I'll be hanging back around the FOH board in a 360 shirt from the Norman, OK show in 2009.
  9. Originally posted by Coso:I don't care about getting close on the floor. I was close in Dallas #2 2001. I got my fill of waiting all day.

If anyone wants to say hi, I'll be hanging back around the FOH board in a 360 shirt from the Norman, OK show in 2009.
    That's gonna be my strategy too.
  10. We should all just enjoy our concert and good Muslims should celebrate Ramadan I have fantastic Maroccan family and it pisses me off when their good and positive things get used for something like this.
    This is just ISIS trying to make ramadan look like an evil thing while in fact it serves as a completely opposite thing.

Let just go to our gigs and enjoy.
  11. Let's talk about the actual concert, please?