2017-05-26 - Dallas
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 0
  1. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Based on my history (showing up in different cities all together with no ticket) my track record is 100% over 30 years finding a fan with an extra that just wants to make his money back and wants another fan to have it.
    +1 (just not with U2 -yet)

Trust us Glenn
  2. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Did you check on TicketMaster? I read yesterday that there were some available...

If not, what Sergio said above... I've always had luck roaming the lot early finding someone with an extra.

I thought they were sold out but they do have tix available! So why, if it's GA, are there "GA sections"? Mine that I purchased say GA3, the ones on TM show GA29. Are the sections cordoned off?
  3. Originally posted by glenn228:[..]

I thought they were sold out but they do have tix available! So why, if it's GA, are there "GA sections"? Mine that I purchased say GA3, the ones on TM show GA29. Are the sections cordoned off?
    No they aren't - the GA is a unique field with no divisions or fencing whatsoever. That numbering is just a way to count (they're probably blocks of 100 or 150 tickets per GA "block" if they're at block #29 now). The only difference could be that your tickets might (or might not) have different entry gates as sometimes venues open several gates to allow for a faster GA access. But it should be fine either way, that is done just for ordering purposes and you won't have trouble trying to enter through gate 4 when your ticket says gate 15. (that is the rule of thumb though, it depends on venue and how much of a jerk is the guard you stumble upon)
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    No they aren't - the GA is a unique field with no divisions or fencing whatsoever. That numbering is just a way to count (they're probably blocks of 100 or 150 tickets per GA "block" if they're at block #29 now). The only difference could be that your tickets might (or might not) have different entry gates as sometimes venues open several gates to allow for a faster GA access. But it should be fine either way, that is done just for ordering purposes and you won't have trouble trying to enter through gate 4 when your ticket says gate 15. (that is the rule of thumb though, it depends on venue and how much of a jerk is the guard you stumble upon)
    Yeah. What he said! Glad you found them. Always have faith. You'll find what you're looking for.
  5. There are currently GA Party Pass tickets available on Ticketmaster, for $35. Just a word of warning, these are not normal GA tickets on the field. They're standing tickets in the end zone concourse, in the upper three tiers. So they're at the far end of the stadium, but have a front on view. Another word of warning. These are pretty large areas, & most people won't have a good view, if they have any view at all (YouTube it)! You've pretty much got to be on the concourse rail to have a good view. So you'd have to line up quite early to get a decent view.
  6. Getting pumped for tomorrow night!

The lots open at 2pm, I should be there around 330-345 to wait for the band.
  7. Exit is killing it live. Help me out here, i've got an amazing idea for U2's encore next tour. End the main set with pride and the MLK quote, band leaves stage as they slowly progress through progressive statements made by politicians from MLK til Obama then play the 1950's Trump quote, band comes back on and opens with Exit played into Sunday Bloody Sunday what song should come between Sunday Bloody Sunday into Where the Streets Have no name to progress into how we're better than this Trump stuff
  8. Originally posted by sharvey4994:Exit is killing it live. Help me out here, i've got an amazing idea for U2's encore next tour. End the main set with pride and the MLK quote, band leaves stage as they slowly progress through progressive statements made by politicians from MLK til Obama then play the 1950's Trump quote, band comes back on and opens with Exit played into Sunday Bloody Sunday what song should come between Sunday Bloody Sunday into Where the Streets Have no name to progress into how we're better than this Trump stuff
    Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk / Korova 1 would fit that bill pretty well I reckon
  9. Originally posted by ddarroch:There are currently GA Party Pass tickets available on Ticketmaster, for $35. Just a word of warning, these are not normal GA tickets on the field. They're standing tickets in the end zone concourse, in the upper three tiers. So they're at the far end of the stadium, but have a front on view. Another word of warning. These are pretty large areas, & most people won't have a good view, if they have any view at all (YouTube it)! You've pretty much got to be on the concourse rail to have a good view. So you'd have to line up quite early to get a decent view.

I didn't know that existed. $35 is dirt cheap even if you're at the back of the Party Pass zone because... well, you're there after all The view won't be the best unless you're on the front rail as you well say, but it's still a nice option.

10. Wristband cue at 6:20 a.m.
  11. Ok. Explain this to me. (My memory is shot from last tour procedure) Wristbands are for? And if I have GA and get there when gates open what's the difference than if I get there at 6am? Clarification would be appreciated so I can plan for my show...