1. I was giving it a few shows for them to get their shoes worn and broken in, but it's now upsetting me.

With this tour and all the footage I've seen, gone are the days of the soul aspect of the U2 show. I put on the 360 tour blu ray last night and the energy from the band, specifically Bono is just incredible.

Fast forward and watch footage from this tour; Bono looks completely uninspired. Where is his energy? Where is the constant interaction with the fans to build the drama of the songs? The stage setup, while branching out to the crowd, still feels like it's removed from being part of the crowd, like Elevation tour, 360 tour, etc. did.

It's sad to see. I know this is a U2 message board and we all love the band, I LOVE the band, but there has to be other people besides me who feel this way.

I'm going to the Boston Gillette show in a few weeks, and after watching these videos, I already know it's not going to be the same glorious feel.

::runs in the corner and hides for voicing his opinion::
  2. Mods please delete, I should have put this in the JT30 general thread. Sorry!
  3. We can also have a separate thread about the band's energy if you like!
  4. Which show did you see?

Having attended their first 5 shows I must say energy has picked up along the way within the band. Guess there was some tension for the first show(s) which now is sorta gone as the band are more familiar and experienced with the tour and stage.

Also note that these guys are 6 years older than on 360.
  5. See you posted it in the other thread, so I'll close this one.