2017-06-09 - Manchester
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 0

1. This statement makes sense if you decide to completely ignore their entire history as a band. Also, The Joshua Tree has only 2 political songs? I guess this statement makes sense if you completely ignore every interview and statement the band has made regarding their inspirations for The Joshua Tree.
  2. I'm mostly lost on bootlegs, videos etc. since I don't have much time to check it all out, but I just listened to the Under The Bridge snippet and I loved it. Well done Bono. (better than Yellow into MOS anyway)
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:I'm mostly lost on bootlegs, videos etc. since I don't have much time to check it all out, but I just listened to the Under The Bridge snippet and I loved it. Well done Bono. (better than Yellow into MOS anyway)
    Yeah I loved it also, actually think it's better than any version on the tour so far, fills that gap better anyway. Think they should just go straight into 'see the world in green and blue' lyrics though as with exception of bonnaroo Bono is just kinda muttering lyrics.
  4. What I really miss is the snippet later in the song. Sgt. Pepper's during BD's outro still qualifies as one of my 10 top snippets ever, so powerful

Favourite version ever (and I promise I'm not biased for being there). 3:30:

Beautiful daaay...
    Arriba! Arriba!
    Arriba!! Arriba!!
    Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, we hope you will enjoy the show!
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, sit back and let the evening go!!
    Arriba!! Arriba!!!

5. Originally posted by LikeASong:What I really miss is the snippet later in the song. Sgt. Pepper's during BD's outro still qualifies as one of my 10 top snippets ever, so powerful

Beautiful daaay...
    Arriba! Arriba!
    Arriba!! Arriba!!
    Arriba!! Arriba!!!

[YouTube Video]
    That is a great version, if I'm being honest I've always preferred the elevation tour versions, especially the slane one but it's always been fairly strong live. Not my favourite arrangement this tour but if they did what i suggested above I couldn't complain too much about the rest of it.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:What I really miss is the snippet later in the song. Sgt. Pepper's during BD's outro still qualifies as one of my 10 top snippets ever, so powerful

Beautiful daaay...
    Arriba! Arriba!
    Arriba!! Arriba!!
    Arriba!! Arriba!!!

[YouTube Video]
    Terrific version! The 2006 Honolulu version I think is even better, Bono really goes for it there
  7. 2nd picture I've seen where Bono didn't look like he was pleased and doing an obligatory shot...
  8. That's probably been the case for some decades already The difference is that I think he has stopped hiding it lately.