1. Hey, do you know if the part of "Maybe the time was right...Maybe tonight... So we're told this is the golden age...(...)" part of New Year's Day was played in any performance?
    I don't find it anywhere, even in the Pre-War performances, and this part is my favourite of NYD...
    Please, help! Thanks, fellows!
  2. Not that I am aware of. They have never said why they don't sing it.

Hopefully on the next tour they do, but not holding out for it.
  3. It's never been played, that part.
  4. I've never heard of that part
  5. Originally posted by BelgianBonoI've never heard of that part

Its from the single version of the song, perhaps you haven't heard that version in a while(because we all love live much more) , so you can't remember it anymore. I never heard it live.
  6. The closest I know of is the 6-10-05 Belgium show. Edge started the song on keyboards verses Larry and Adam, which is how the version you are referring to starts.

7. Oh yes, that is a great part of the song and one of the best parts in general. But I think it's not only of the single version! I have NYD with that part in the album version. Instead it's not inclused in the U218 SINGLES version, but there almost all the songs are cut...

Well, there are a lot of things that they did never do live! There are songs they never played and so on... This is the most important thing because of which they can't stop their live tours! I think it's impossible that their last show has been that of Honolulu! I'm sure of that!

8. Yeah that extra verse is only on the single (Not on War, Best of 80-90 or U218), Ive never heard live ever.
  9. That part is good and also the one with the harmonics (the oh oh oh oh before "oh, maybe the time is right")

And it is available on the War album and the New Year's Day single (12" vinyl and CD)

The one on U218 Singles and The Best of 1980-1990 are closer to the habitual live version and cut that good verse.
  10. I sometimes have the sensation that U2 like to preserve some of their best products, like good songs (Electrical Storm, never performed live), good parts of songs (this great part of NYD), some songs that have been released only in some countries (The Ground Beneath Her Feat from ATYCLB, UK only)... Also the fact that (as LikeASong said) sometimes they do only a few concerts in places where they would always sold-out.

But I think this is an important characteristic for a great group like U2. These are things that keep you more interesting and also more important and famous.

What do YOU think about it?

11. I think that I'm going to win lots of money to see U2 all around the world
    Well, thank you all for answering!
  12. Originally posted by LikeASongWell, thank you all for answering!

Oh, we MUST thank you for all the things you know and share with us about U2!
    THANK YOU!