2017-06-23 - Toronto
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 2
  1. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Is it? Crap. Obviously I don't want to stand in the pouring rain (more so, my wife won't want to) but that sucks if it's going to bring the sound quality down a few notches. I already have pretty shitty seats - no need to make things worse!

It is. Been to many concerts at the Rogers Centre (formerly known as he SkyDome) and the sound is very poor with the roof closed. It's just a big concrete dome. The only concerts with roof opened was U2 and Springsteen! Makes a world of difference when it's open!
  2. I knew that I would be sad tomorrow but seeing this thread active breKs my heart.
  3. Wait, you're not able to go eventually? What have I missed, I thought you were attending! Sorry dude
  4. Got a feeling Mysterious Ways will be back again tonight now that they've had a few days gap to rehearse it more. Have to say while it wasn't perfect in Philly it was nice to hear the solo again and I think it was an improvement on the I&E arrangement which was a little more simplistic. Would love to see both it and ultraviolet in the same show but don't know if it's possible since they've shared the same visuals this tour.
  5. Don't mean to pry, but I just saw a ticket on StubHub going for $88...might be kinda steep price for a seat way up in Section 520, but is that out of the question for you?
  6. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    Don't mean to pry, but I just saw a ticket on StubHub going for $88...might be kinda steep price for a seat way up in Section 520, but is that out of the question for you?
    I think he's on the other side of the country (a few thousand km's away) so I don't think it's the price that's keeping him away.
  7. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    Don't mean to pry, but I just saw a ticket on StubHub going for $88...might be kinda steep price for a seat way up in Section 520, but is that out of the question for you?
    Shit, I paid about $120 for similar seats (and had to pay for two!).
  8. Originally posted by AMLBONO:[..]

It is. Been to many concerts at the Rogers Centre (formerly known as he SkyDome) and the sound is very poor with the roof closed. It's just a big concrete dome. The only concerts with roof opened was U2 and Springsteen! Makes a world of difference when it's open!
    Yeah. I know that dome sound. Seen them at Georgia Dome twice. Sounds like a reverberating fart with nowhere to go...
  9. Originally posted by RUMMY:Get ready to see a bunch of cowboy hats in the downtown core tomorrow evening. No, it's not U2 fans trying to looking like Bono and The Edge circa 1987 but the 18,000 individuals who've chosen to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill at the ACC.

Yee haw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sold out ACC tonight and... not only that, but for those of us coming into the city from the west, TFC has a game at BMO tonight.... and.... not only that, but it's also Pride weekend in Toronto, not to mention regular Friday cottage traffic. Fun times ahead getting into the city, whether by car or by GO train. Fun times indeed.
  10. Originally posted by roseman:[..]

Sold out ACC tonight and... not only that, but for those of us coming into the city from the west, TFC has a game at BMO tonight.... and.... not only that, but it's also Pride weekend in Toronto, not to mention regular Friday cottage traffic. Fun times ahead getting into the city, whether by car or by GO train. Fun times indeed.
    So I guess it'll be "street meat" for dinner tonight as it'll be virtually impossible to get a table at a restaurant near these facilities.
  11. Cripes, I gotta get a bit more positive here. I'm already thinking ahead to the commute home and how hellish it's gonna be!

(Maybe I don't need to hear Vertigo again????)