2017-07-08 - London
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 4
Videos: 1
  1. The Night Tube only runs on Friday and Saturday nights. Only certain lines too. The Piccadilly line is part of the Night Tube. The District line is not, etc.
  2. Thanks for the heads-up. Well I guess it will be a cab or a walk back to the hotel once off the train in London.

Looks like trains go from Twickenham Station straight into Waterloo, and looks like they run from Twickenham until 12.40am on Sunday night (Mon am) and until 12.50am on Saturday night (Sun am). So should be ok and I think its fairly close to the venue, and no doubt a good chunk of the crowd coming out are going to be going in the same direction anyways.

The only ominous thing I see at the moment is this...

"Service status
    It is not yet known how South West Trains
    will be affected by engineering work"

A status message on nationalrail.co.uk for journies from Twickenham into London on Sat / Sun night O.O
  3. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    Thanks for the heads-up. Well I guess it will be a cab or a walk back to the hotel once off the train in London.

Looks like trains go from Twickenham Station straight into Waterloo, and looks like they run from Twickenham until 12.40am on Sunday night (Mon am) and until 12.50am on Saturday night (Sun am). So should be ok and I think its fairly close to the venue, and no doubt a good chunk of the crowd coming out are going to be going in the same direction anyways.

The only ominous thing I see at the moment is this...

"Service status

A status message on nationalrail.co.uk for journies from Twickenham into London on Sat / Sun night O.O
    Thanks for pointing to Waterloo station... also have to go to Victoria station.
  4. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    I'm dreading getting back, I'm near Tower Bridge. Went in 2005, and ended up walking back to my hotel in Ealing (closest hotel I could get back then, which was about an 8 mile walk or something - not fun after the hottest day of the year when you've been queuing since 6am lol - the things we do for U2).

As far as I understand its zone 2 on the tube, nearest station is about 1.5 miles away Hounslow East I think. I'll be getting there by tube and just walk from there, but getting back, I think its probably by rail from Twickenham Station which does go into central London. Tube is all night now on weekends I believe, so you should just be able to hop off anywhere in central London, and work your way back on the tube. That said, not sure if weekends includes sunday nights. Believe you can use your Oyster card (if you've got one) on the train there. Need to double check that though.

Thanks to you and others for the info, I'm only going to the Saturday show so sounds like things might be a little easier than if I was going the Sunday.
  5. I've just been checking out ticket options and according to what I've found going from Twickenham to Clapham junction then Victoria from there is the quickest option. Can anyone confirm this is a suitable option for the Saturday show?
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:I've just been checking out ticket options and according to what I've found going from Twickenham to Clapham junction then Victoria from there is the quickest option. Can anyone confirm this is a suitable option for the Saturday show?
    Yeah a quick look on here > National Rail Enquiries > http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ (which is where I always go for rail travel) and it seems like it.

Bear in mind journies from Twickenham on Sat/Sun evening are coming up with this service status message at the moment...

"Service status

Definitely something to keep an eye on - but more than likely will be ok.
  7. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    Yeah a quick look on here > National Rail Enquiries > http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ (which is where I always go for rail travel) and it seems like it.

Bear in mind journies from Twickenham on Sat/Sun evening are coming up with this service status message at the moment...

"Service status

Definitely something to keep an eye on - but more than likely will be ok.
    I'll definitely keep an eye on that wouldn't want to get caught out on the night but good to know that's an option if the services aren't affected.
  8. I'm staying near to Heathrow, so it'll be the bus for me.

Event information from Ticketmaster: here

Times (subject to change)
    1630 – Doors open
    1830 – Noel Gallagher & the High Flying Birds
    2010 – U2
    2230 – Show ends
  9. Originally posted by iTim:I'm staying near to Heathrow, so it'll be the bus for me.

Event information from Ticketmaster: here

Times (subject to change)
    1630 – Doors open
    1830 – Noel Gallagher & the High Flying Birds
    2010 – U2
    2230 – Show ends
    That u2 start and end time will probably be more like 8.45-9pm and 10.45-11pm I'd imagine. 11 will probably be the curfew.
  10. Getting out of TWIX in 2005 was a PIA !
  11. Well I'm resigned to a walk back to my hotel both nights in Richmond which is about 3.5miles so not too bad