2017-07-22 - Dublin
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by CraigFairlie:Just read that BBC review. Shane McGowan does not look well in that photo. I know he's had major substance problems over the years, however, i was of the understanding that he had been clean for a number of years.
    He's pushing 60 and treated his body like an amusement park for decades.
  2. Yeah, i know that, but as i said, i was of the understanding that he'd been clean for a number of years. Surprised to see that he's in a wheelchair nowadays. Very sad indeed.
  3. the flyover was awesome it's only a shame that they will not play ASOH
  4. I mean....playing Dublin isn't "a sort of homecoming", it's a homecoming.

just sayin'
  5. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Not only that, they removed the only special thing in the European leg: the Heroes snippet in Bad.
    And again, I'm not "bitching". No one here is saying the shows are bad or anything. But it is a fact that the tour is more predictable than the last 4 tours.

All of U2's tours are sad and predictable setlist-wise, but agree, this tour may take the "crown"......
  6. I must admit that when I saw the set list for the encore part of this tour I was annoyed, frustrated, etc. However, after seeing the show at Croker yesterday I can safely say that the set list works brilliantly. Sure I would love them to play Lemon, Please, Acrobat,etc but it wouldn't have worked yesterday. The highlight for me was BD, Elevation and Vertigo; three songs I would have gladly chopped from the set years ago. BTW- I just loved the Little Things and sang my heart out but to be honest most of the crowd around me was disinterested. The challenge for the band is to keep the show flowing and the energy up. This set list does that. I will never criticise again. Maybe someday they will play as small club for a couple of thousand diehards (including myself) and play the rare gems that we have been crying out for. But until then, I am going to enjoy every minute of every song from every show because we need to appreciate what we have before it's no longer there. Thanks to Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam for a wonderful show and taking me on a wonderful journey for 30 years.
  7. But, will they play ASOH again this tour? Because the last line is: I am coming home. And for this tour they already came home...
  8. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:But, will they play ASOH again this tour? Because the last line is: I am coming home. And for this tour they already came home...

They won't play it again.
  9. I still can't believe that they played it in Rome but not in London or Dublin. WTF ?
  10. The show starts at such a pace it's very hard for it to be sustained throughout . I prefer slower more melancholy endings rather than the likes of BD, Elevation and vertigo