1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    We're talking about miryclay. Assuming is a bit bold.

I'm the center of the universe so I can definitely decide for the other 79.995
    sometimes you seem to think so, if you can find 3 or 4 people to agree with you than it's basically a fact. Not how it works in normal life, but here.. quite often the case.
  2. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    Like I said, if they just tell their personal story like Like A Song did, there's nothing to argue about. I was only arguing about that snippet being a blooper or completely killing the vibe. I think it's just weird to argue with Bono's picks of snippets at that level. I went in a bit hard (because it really, really annoys me) and they reacted pretty mature.
    No, it's not envy. Why would I be envious at someone attending a dissappointing show? I've had the experience of seeing U2 in Ireland once and I'm very hesitant to go there a second time. Why are you always there to throw a bit of oil on the fire? why can you say it's envy and I can't say it's maybe having wrong expectations for Dublin shows? now it's feeling again like I'm in front of the good old U2start inquisition. Yesterday I got a message from someone (who apparently agreed with me) talking about self-entitled U2start royalty. I might be one of the few speaking up about it, but for sure I'm not the only one feeling like this. It's not always a friendly place for different opions. Imagine if you actually enjoyed that Dublin show or if you like a song like Grace or Elevation. You would think twice before posting it here, as it's not unlikely you get scoffed at.
    I'm not here to throw oil on the fire, Rick. I'm contesting your attitude, your tone and your demeanour. You have a stronger opinion about people who actually went to the show and struggle to respect the opinions of people who went to the show, hence why I said in my previous comment that "it's vastly different when one goes to a particular show and one doesn't go to a particular show". In fact, you struggle to respect the opinions of anyone and it's hard to have a rational conversation with you.

You are not part of a witchhunt and you certainly didn't get a message from someone about "self-entitled U2start royalty" nor sharing a pint with somebody in Berlin who supposedly had the same opinion as you about the Dublin concerts. Falsities aren't going to make us buy your argument.

Yes, you have a different opinion. But we wouldn't be acting like this if you weren't so forceful about it and verging on instructing people how to think.

Finally, we are not speaking up for the 80,000 people there. My brother was there, a big fan, and he thought it was excellent. For some people, the America snippet is irrelevant - they may never have noticed - and for others, like us big fans that Gerard rightfully labels dramatic, it can spoil a show along with other occurrences.

I'd rather just say it as it is than sugarcoat anything. I do want to get along with everyone here.
  3. The only thing that took off during that night in Dublin were the planes during Streets.
  4. Harsh but true. That was the only thing that made it feel like a special show - it was incredible to witness.

5. No we can't all agree, I was there with a few mates and we all thought it was excellent the atmosphere was amazing and the band played very well from start to finish.
  6. I went to the Rome and Paris shows for JT2017. Rome was a great show. I was up close, I met some very nice people. NYD, BAD + Heroes, all of JT, especially side 2, and Little Things stood out.

For Paris I had things to do and only got there shortly before the concert - very close to Sean Penn, far from the band. It was more or less like listening to a good bootleg.

Was Rome 2017 my best show? Of course not. Amsterdam 2009, Rome 1993 & 1997, Amsterdam 2015 and Paris 2018 all rank above it. But it still was a hell of a show - a celebration of one of the best albums in rock n roll history.
  7. Another thing that dampened Dublin from the start was the Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 thing. We were in the rear section so had 0 chance to get anywhere near a good spot.
  8. Originally posted by iTim:Another thing that dampened Dublin from the start was the Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 thing. We were in the rear section so had 0 chance to get anywhere near a good spot.
    Had forgotten all about that. Grgh. And the fact that they only had the one darn show.
  9. still mystify`s me why they only done one show. For me Dublin wasn't the worst show ever, could it have been better....hell yea
  10. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    I'm not here to throw oil on the fire, Rick. I'm contesting your attitude, your tone and your demeanour. You have a stronger opinion about people who actually went to the show and struggle to respect the opinions of people who went to the show, hence why I said in my previous comment that "it's vastly different when one goes to a particular show and one doesn't go to a particular show". In fact, you struggle to respect the opinions of anyone and it's hard to have a rational conversation with you.

You are not part of a witchhunt and you certainly didn't get a message from someone about "self-entitled U2start royalty" nor sharing a pint with somebody in Berlin who supposedly had the same opinion as you about the Dublin concerts. Falsities aren't going to make us buy your argument.

Yes, you have a different opinion. But we wouldn't be acting like this if you weren't so forceful about it and verging on instructing people how to think.

Finally, we are not speaking up for the 80,000 people there. My brother was there, a big fan, and he thought it was excellent. For some people, the America snippet is irrelevant - they may never have noticed - and for others, like us big fans that Gerard rightfully labels dramatic, it can spoil a show along with other occurrences.

I'd rather just say it as it is than sugarcoat anything. I do want to get along with everyone here.
    what are you exactly trying to achieve? putting words in my mouth, even saying I'm a liar. You want me to freak out or something? That's not going to happen. And do you even realize we actually agree on certain things? looks like you don't even try to understand, you just think I'm full of bullshit anyway. Maybe you should re-read the discussion from beginning to end and you might be surprised with what you're reading. Seeing the video a couple of times I just assumed most people there were like your brother but apparently I cannot say that because I was not there. I certainly respect individual opinions, I'm just saying a certain number of the same opinion don't make a fact. On the video people seem to enjoy that version of Bad and singing along with the snippet. And I don't think you really need to have attended that specific Dublin concert to point out that it's quite a shame that one snippet has such a big influence on your mood. I'm not saying it can't make or break a show, I just think it shouldn't. And I think it's quite weak to call that a blooper as I don't think this particular problem is with Bono or U2.
    And as you're such a big fan of honesty I can also add that your comment is the most horrible message that was pointed at me by another U2 fan as far as I remember. By far.

11. I think I did that without trying.