1. The song is indeed great... although it's no You Made Me The Thief of Your Heart!

And I was kidding back about your fancy boy fonts!
  2. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    The song is indeed great... although it's no You Made Me The Thief of Your Heart!

And I was kidding back about your fancy boy fonts!
    Do you remember this one from 1985: Classic collaboration with Clannad

3. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    According to U2: A Concert Documentary, The Sinéad O'Connor vocals were "recorded especially for U2 by John Reynolds" (2003:256).

[..]
    Again according to Pimm, at the Earls Court #3, the intro featured a special spoken intro from Aung San Su Kyi. This was only heard at that particular show. Perhaps when they changed this intro, they took a different sequence from the recorded vocals.
    Excellent catch, and yeah I think as you say it's likely just one track/vocal, with two different sequences / segments picked from it. The version from Earls Court #3 gives me goosebumps, it's quite haunting.

I need to get the last edition of his book covering the Elevation shows some point, I have the first two and they are like bibles for U2's live history, but I never got round to getting the one covering Elevation.

I subbed to Collectormania back in the day, Pimm did really great work and I bet he'd be a very active member here if he were still with us.
  4. Oh yes. Of course! I love Maire Brennan! (With no fancy font)

True classic... and the entire Clannad album is fantastic.
  5. RIP Sinead.
  6. Another talented yet tortured soul leaving this world too soon 😢