1. I know there are much better informed U2 fans on this forum, but is this the only live performance of this great song?

The band did a studio version collaborating with Christy Moore.

2. One of my all time favourite U2 performances. I turn to this one whenever I have a bust up with the missus.

And sadly the only U2 performances. Christy does play it live though.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:One of my all time favourite U2 performances. I turn to this one whenever I have a bust up with the missus.

And sadly the only U2 performances. Christy does play it live though.
    I like the studio version featuring Christy and U2. Great lyrics to a great song.
  4. Originally posted by daymo1202:I know there are much better informed U2 fans on this forum, but is this the only live performance of this great song?

[YouTube Video]
    There's also a very early version of it on the STS & Hansa Demo's from 1990/1991 - totally different lyrics - but some of the music, melody and much of the feel and 'ache' is there. There's an instrumental version and a version with lyrics - I believe it's known as 'Take Today' but when these demo's first surfaced I called it 'Walk On By' and have stuck to that.

PS love this performance too, and All I Want Is You was outstanding from this same show.
  5. Originally posted by daymo1202:I know there are much better informed U2 fans on this forum, but is this the only live performance of this great song?

[YouTube Video]
    One of my favorite U2 b-sides, but I'd never watched this live performance until now. Thanks so much for sharing! Wow.
  6. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    There's also a very early version of it on the STS & Hansa Demo's from 1990/1991 - totally different lyrics - but some of the music, melody and much of the feel and 'ache' is there. There's an instrumental version and a version with lyrics - I believe it's known as 'Take Today' but when these demo's first surfaced I called it 'Walk On By' and have stuck to that.

PS love this performance too, and All I Want Is You was outstanding from this same show.
    Walk on By - that's it, I couldn't recall the name of the melody. I initially heard it on the Achtung Baby demos back in 1991 I think.
  7. I saw this once, but that was years ago.........
    thanks for reminding us!
    I LOVE this song!
  8. Originally posted by daymo1202:[..]
    Walk on By - that's it, I couldn't recall the name of the melody. I initially heard it on the Achtung Baby demos back in 1991 I think.
    Yep same here, I played those things to death before AB dropped and since. Some really great stuff on them.
  9. This is the other version with Christy Moore, U2 emerge towards the end of the song.

10. lovely!
  11. The CD single of that 1995 version with Christy Moore is like hen's teeth. I wish I had bought it at the time. Better than the b-side I think.
  12. I'd seen this vid before, and remembered loving the song. So I played it just for kicks today...

And then it just grabbed me so suddenly when Edge came in with the harmony towards the end, simply him and Bono singing together is just so magic and perfect still after all these years. Really put an exclamation point on the end of that track.