1. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    Seriously? Hmmmmm because there's only 11 open spots on this tour and having MS take up a permanent spot on this tour is insane. Its there to make a political point that half the people there don't agree with. I mean are we forgetting this bands catalogue and how f*^#k strong it is? I guess it's good for the older fans who need multiple piss breaks. I'm not asking for b sides especially on a stadium tour. There are a minimum of 15-20 songs that can keep the stadium at attention instead of a lesser known mid tempo, mediocre song. And in 2005 wasnt bono belting out the operatic part? Not expecting that now but shit, take this song out back and put it down.
    maybe as a fan it IS insane. (i am not a fan of the song, it's one i would not listen to by choice.) but what if the band likes it? and they obviously do. also they are of the left wing bent (always have been) and it fits a narrative and template they like to project.
  2. Originally posted by thet1000:[..]
    maybe as a fan it IS insane. (i am not a fan of the song, it's one i would not listen to by choice.) but what if the band likes it? and they obviously do. also they are of the left wing bent (always have been) and it fits a narrative and template they like to project.
    Very true. Just disappointing.
  3. Miss Sarajevo is Bono's favourite song, so they'll perform it.
  4. We can't delete opinions just because we don't like them would make a great tshirt
  5. We could start a new thread called the u2 appreciation topic which only allows positive comments as negative comments would be considered off topic lol.
  6. Originally posted by thet1000:[..]
    +1 (although am a fan of the song so I enjoyed it last night).

Can imagine it'd be a strange one for a casual listener but I think one just has to accept that U2 have always been and continue to be very political. For sure, agree or disagree with their politics, but they've never shied away from being outspoken and political in their shows throughout their career whether they risk alienating people or not because that's what they believe, and U2 come as a package - the listener can put U2's politics aside to enjoy their music, but hitherto, U2 never have and I doubt they ever will.

Anywho, for what it's worth, Bono seemed so up for it last night, it was a joy to watch. Edge was absolutely beaming when he was out on the B-stage too. I felt like they were loving it - and I was certainly loving it right back.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    A suspicion I had for a while is that U2 actually was forced to do this tour by LiveNation to make up for the delay of Songs of Experience.

My suspicion is that as i+e tour was heavily supported by the first 3 albums, the e+i tour will be heavily supported on Achtung and beyond, which would mean skipping TJT from "that timeline", so they came to the conclusion that this being the 30 anniversary it would be a good idea to insert TJT in the middle of it, so they can "ignore it" in the e+i tour like they're ignoring the first 3 on this one.

About what's wrong with Bono... I don't have a problem with Bono, but I'm not enjoying this tour as much as i+e, and I've been blaming "the narrative" all this time: U2 shows put a huge focus on the song transitions, and the flow of the show.

This time that doesn't seem right for me; opening with SBS+NYD+Bad+Pride+Streets it's very anticlimatic; I'm convinced that the best part of u2 shows is that every song is delivered perfectly by the previous song and then it delivers perfectly the next, and this time the show wasn't built this way.

So, the shows are great, but I find them more "tiring" this time, like they're just a bunch of random songs instead of a "whole show" (regardless of setlist variation, with which I don't have a problem), so I don't feel really eager to listen to every single song every single show, like I did feel with i+e.

But that's me. So if I was forced to assume that there's something "wrong" with Bono this tour, I'll say that maybe he's not totally satisfied with the flow of the show, and that even if he enjoys every single song (which I think he does), he gets mentally tired easier than if the show had a more natural flow.
  8. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

My suspicion is that as i+e tour was heavily supported by the first 3 albums, the e+i tour will be heavily supported on Achtung and beyond, which would mean skipping TJT from "that timeline", so they came to the conclusion that this being the 30 anniversary it would be a good idea to insert TJT in the middle of it, so they can "ignore it" in the e+i tour like they're ignoring the first 3 on this one.

About what's wrong with Bono... I don't have a problem with Bono, but I'm not enjoying this tour as much as i+e, and I've been blaming "the narrative" all this time: U2 shows put a huge focus on the song transitions, and the flow of the show.

This time that doesn't seem right for me; opening with SBS+NYD+Bad+Pride+Streets it's very anticlimatic; I'm convinced that the best part of u2 shows is that every song is delivered perfectly by the previous song and then it delivers perfectly the next, and this time the show wasn't built this way.

So, the shows are great, but I find them more "tiring" this time, like they're just a bunch of random songs instead of a "whole show" (regardless of setlist variation, with which I don't have a problem), so I don't feel really eager to listen to every single song every single show, like I did feel with i+e.

But that's me. So if I was forced to assume that there's something "wrong" with Bono this tour, I'll say that maybe he's not totally satisfied with the flow of the show, and that even if he enjoys every single song (which I think he does), he gets mentally tired easier than if the show had a more natural flow.
    I can guarantee you the same JT classics will be played to death in the E+I tour, so I don't think the album will be ignored in the next tour.
  9. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    I can guarantee you the same JT classics will be played to death in the E+I tour, so I don't think the album will be ignored in the next tour.
    Absolutely, that's why I used "ignored" in quotes AND why I said "like the first 3 this tour"... They're still playing SBS & NYD, but compared with last tour, they're "ignoring them".

I totally expect Streets, WOWY and maybe SHF and Bullet.

----

Also, I didn't wanted to make it extra-long, so I didn't mentioned the main reason why I'm not totally in love with this tour, and that's because I totally prefer then to play new songs. JT's side B is nice, but not nearly as exciting as new material.
    For me at least, but maybe Bono thinks the same...
  10. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    +1 (although am a fan of the song so I enjoyed it last night).

Can imagine it'd be a strange one for a casual listener but I think one just has to accept that U2 have always been and continue to be very political. For sure, agree or disagree with their politics, but they've never shied away from being outspoken and political in their shows throughout their career whether they risk alienating people or not because that's what they believe, and U2 come as a package - the listener can put U2's politics aside to enjoy their music, but hitherto, U2 never have and I doubt they ever will.

Anywho, for what it's worth, Bono seemed so up for it last night, it was a joy to watch. Edge was absolutely beaming when he was out on the B-stage too. I felt like they were loving it - and I was certainly loving it right back.
    awesome. i can't wait to go to my show.
  11. As a fan of over 35 years, I am sad to agree with many here. Saw the show in Philadelphia , sometimes go to 3 shows a tour, but not this time. Not my fav songs but i&e was amazing, the energy high on every show. This feels forced, the songs don't flow in any sense. Forget big stadiums stay indoors. Love this band got me through many hard times, I hope we can help them back somehow ( although feel terrible writing this down)