1. Fascinating. It's odd to me that they really toned down the instrumentals towards the end of the song. Maybe it's just cuz I'm so used to the original, but it sounds like it's missing something and falls kinda flat there.

I also find it intriguing that they didn't try to play an arrangement more similar to this the few times they performed it on ZooTV.
  2. Justin, first of all: thank you so much for sharing this real gem! I had never heard or read anything about this single version. It really is a different version and while my ears are not used to it, I am liking it better and better after each listen. Really interesting how they increased or decreased the prominence of certain parts in comparison to the cd version. Some parts are much more audible, while others are not. To my ears, this version now relates better to songs such as Stay, but also HMTMKMKM (which could also have been part of Zooropa). All in all a great find, and even more special that you share it here with us. Your gift is really appreciated.
  3. Originally posted by justinpushplay:So anyone that's ever seen my youtube page (U2Invisible) knows I've been gifted some pretty rare U2 items (most of which have been stolen and reuploaded by others a dozen times by now).

Yeah right... You're not better than anyone else, adding HD tags everywhere for SD sources, uploading things you found on other websites, or even official live shows, do you really think you really have anything exclusive for display?...
  4. Originally posted by JulienLossless:[..]

Yeah right... You're not better than anyone else, adding HD tags everywhere for SD sources, uploading things you found on other websites, or even official live shows, do you really think you really have anything exclusive for display?...
    The Last Of The Rockstars on YouTube is the true special one, he has the rare uploads: Rattle and Hum outtakes, Yahweh from U23D.
  5. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:[..]
    The Last Of The Rockstars on YouTube is the true special one, he has the rare uploads: Rattle and Hum outtakes, Yahweh from U23D.
    That was Phil Joanou himself.
  6. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:[..]
    I think Justin is Last of The Rock Stars.
  7. I'm in a hotel, just checking mails and U2start real quick.
  8. Indeed, and that idiot just downloaded the Vimeo video, re-encoded those (and removed some pixels at the bottom to get rid of the timecode and thus part of the picture) to pass everything back again to another encoder, YouTube's compression. And then you wonder why it looks like shit...

And for the u2 3d bit search on Vimeo for a certain Juan Delcan and you'll find his Uber super rare footage that has been online for more than 4 years...
  9. Originally posted by JulienLossless:[..]
    Indeed, and that idiot just downloaded the Vimeo video, re-encoded those (and removed some pixels at the bottom to get rid of the timecode and thus part of the picture) to pass everything back again to another encoder, YouTube's compression. And then you wonder why it looks like shit...

And for the u2 3d bit search on Vimeo for a certain Juan Delcan and you'll find his Uber super rare footage that has been online for more than 4 years...
    So, the Last of the Rockstars is not some U2 insider?
    If not, my illusions have been shattered!
  10. Well I'm not sure but the 87 Tempe footage wasn't around was it until he posted it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I don't know what the hostility towards the guy is coming from.
  11. Originally posted by jasvan:[..]
    Well I'm not sure but the 87 Tempe footage wasn't around was it until he posted it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I don't know what the hostility towards the guy is coming from.
    +1, just thankful for the Zooropa demo