1. Indeed. If you listen to the Rome bootlegs, you can clearly hear him overstretch his voice. It leaves a trace, concert after concert (and cigarette after cigarette) - especially at his age... He may have a cold now, as some have suggested. Whatever the reason, he is sounding pretty shot.
  2. at least it's not as bad as during the POP and ATYCLB studio sessions
  3. Originally posted by JuJuman:[..]

Indeed. If you listen to the Rome bootlegs, you can clearly hear him overstretch his voice. It leaves a trace, concert after concert (and cigarette after cigarette) - especially at his age... He may have a cold now, as some have suggested. Whatever the reason, he is sounding pretty shot.
    A cold that lasts from Nov 16th, when the BBC took place, until Dec 3rd, when they recorded these vids in NYC? Huh.
  4. Yep. It actually got worse in those two weeks...
  5. Holy shit just listened to u22 far out...... his voice was sooooo good compared to now.... But I am glad we still have him after all this mortality stuff...
  6. Originally posted by hello123:Holy shit just listened to u22 far out...... his voice was sooooo good compared to now.... But I am glad we still have him after all this mortality stuff...
    yeah, he still sounds good. he has moments of greatness still. who knows maybe after the off tour break he will be sounding better in 2018, hope so
  7. Originally posted by hello123:Holy shit just listened to u22 far out...... his voice was sooooo good compared to now.... But I am glad we still have him after all this mortality stuff...
    Listen to the matrix recording of 2015-07-02 Chicago and the LA SOI 2015 compilation, a great Bono and nog long ago.
  8. Originally posted by ferrari:[..]
    Listen to the matrix recording of 2015-07-02 Chicago and the LA SOI 2015 compilation, a great Bono and nog long ago.
    from 2015 to now its declined more than i would care to admit
  9. Cold or not cold - the voice then returns:

It's Edge who's completely out of tune ...