1. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Ultraviolet is one of my alltime favorite U2-songs, but I absolutely hate the treatment it got during the JT30 tour... The chorus sounds so underwhelmed, uninspired, tired...
    Plus to me it has always been a personal and tragic love song. Not every song needs to be transformed into something political or bigger

Couldn't agree more with this
  2. I'm fairly sure cocaine, weed and alcohol were staples in their backstage between 1992 and 1998.
  3. I'm sure Adam loves his green, wouldn't be surprised if he still has a joint on occasion.

4. "u2 until the end of the world", is reported a night Bono spent with a friend touring Tokyo searching for heroin. It is reported that Bono did not know the guy used heroin. A few hours after the concert, Bono fell asleep surrounded by a giant snake while his friend was smoking heroin
  5. Yeah.i can imagine Adam having a joint while reading the news.on bed.with furry tshirt
  6. That we miss
  7. The letters to Amnesty, the speeches, the songs, the masks, the outcry may all have been wasted on Aung San Suu Kyi.
  8. Originally posted by Anam:The letters to Amnesty, the speeches, the songs, the masks, the outcry may all have been wasted on Aung San Suu Kyi.
    Yes, I shared a link in the general chat. She's not doing anything to prevent or stop the Rohingya genocide/ mass exile and she still has the power to do something. People are even writing to the Nobel committee demanding to take away her Nobel. It's not going to happen, but still.
  9. That's a shame.it's hard For me to believe.she suffered hell to give some peace to her country and the she's just vanished.....
  10. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]

"u2 until the end of the world", is reported a night Bono spent with a friend touring Tokyo searching for heroin. It is reported that Bono did not know the guy used heroin. A few hours after the concert, Bono fell asleep surrounded by a giant snake while his friend was smoking heroin
    That's not exactly how's it's told in the book! Bono did not go looking for an illegal substances but did admit that he could have ended up in a lot of trouble!
  11. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Thanks for the link Michael. I'll admit it's a pretty good version, but the underwhelmed "Ultraviolets" that Bono sings kinda ruin the song for me. It's another example of how they try to change a song because he can't quite hit all the notes anymore. He's like "Oh Edge save me. Get me through this and belt it out yourself".

Btw, some intense closeups on the B-man there! Could count the nosehairs if you'd like
    Isn't the chorus pre-recorded of Ultraviolet this time...?