1. Most probably. Althought seeing Sillywhite in there kinda gives me hope that it will be a less crappier thing than what we heard last year.
  2. Any promos out there
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:Yes, it sounds so fishy and suspicious. And not good for the album. It should be ready, sealed and fucking delivered BY NOW!! What the hell are they doing mixing the lead single 3 days prior to its release? It's surreal

It's because they have been reading the comments on this forum the last few days and are scared shitless now...
  4. Originally posted by u2joost:[..]

It's because they have been reading the comments on this forum the last few days and are scared shitless now...
    Starting with "Learning from their mistakes and not just uploading their new music straight on to our mobiles without asking us whether we want it or not (...)" it's hard to take it seriously
  5. jees, you haven't even heard it. Edge also added more guitar parts on the day the track was mastered, so late changes do not mean butchering it
  6. Originally posted by Remy:"Instagram: 2 days ago was just a normal fun and tiring day, I was mixing for Payung Teduh in the afternoon and at night had a recording session for Francis Karel. 2 shifts and when I thought the day was going to end, Steve Lillywhite messaged me for an emergency mixing and it HAD to be done as soon as possible. Turned out to be the U2 song we were mixing last year. They are FINALLY releasing it and wanted us to have another shot to mix this new recently recorded version. So i went back to Steve's house at 11 PM to start my 3rd shift of the day, half dead ??... And so we had to have this done by 9 AM-ish in the morning because it has to be approved and mastered. Mixing went till around 3AM, then we took a break while waiting for new files to be downloaded. After a few hours sleep, I woke up at 8 AM, continued the work and by 10-ish we were finally done. Turns out we were competing with a very good mixing engineer from London. This was a battle!!! Hahaha... ... and we won ??. So finally, at last ... the next U2 single 'You're The Best Thing About Me' which will be released on September 6 2017 has been mixed by Steve Lillywhite ... and me ? #soundengineer #mixingengineer #producer #u2 #protools #stevelillywhite"

Instagram:

Mixing The Best Thing.

can't wait to see the quality of a rushed mix with not even 24 hours notice. nice one
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Most probably. Althought seeing Sillywhite in there kinda gives me hope that it will be a less crappier thing than what we heard last year.

you must have heard different 2017 joshua tree song mixes than i did
  8. Originally posted by dieder:[..]
    jees, you haven't even heard it. Edge also added more guitar parts on the day the track was mastered, so late changes do not mean butchering it
    I'll add a tentative 'probably'. It's just extremely non commital to be Ferlinghetti with a song at the final hour. Especially for an album that's been in the works for years. I just worry it is being dumbed down a little. What can they do overnight that they couldn't over the past three years?

I can't judge what's I haven't heard. I'm judging the actions and not the song.
  9. In fairness I think doing mixes of an album as already great as TJT was always a losing battle, new songs are a completely different thing. As I've said before I like the Kygo mix but I think Lillywhite will get the best out of it whether that's a completely different take on it or something similar to the Kygo mix.
  10. I have heard none.

I'm basing my judgement hope solely on Lillywhite's past work and on the crap crap crap version that Kygo played last year. My dog farting for 4:15 would be better than that.

EDIT. I stand corrected: I have heard one 2017 mix - the Red Hill Mining Town one (and it's not bad). I haven't heard the rest of the TJT30 mixes yet (not sure if I ever will).