U2's cancelled shows: the why & when's
U2 played many shows and rarely did shows get cancelled. Still they did happen, with a notable 3 cancellatio..
  1. Average attendance: 44,700 at there age and so late in their music life's that's an amazing figure! they should be proud of that
  2. their*
  3. Interesting??? 44,782 average attendance 2017 not bad! Compare to original 1987 JT tour!
    I think when I saw U2 4-22-1987 Los Angeles sports arena it was sold out at around 18,000 attendance!
  4. I don't think one can read too much into these 3rd leg stats - as has been commented the choice of cities was bizarre. Montreal for example would have been a complete sell out. But from Live Nation's perspective despite no sell outs it was probably still profitable and thats all that matters to them.
  5. +1. Sure, I agree that the choice of these cities after an already massive first leg in similar areas wasn't the greatest idea, and I feel spoiled I got to see my third show of this tour when they came to Detroit...feel for the fans in area around Atlanta, for instance, as has been expressed.

But even despite not selling out, for them to do a multi-leg stadium tour of a 30 year old album with average of 44,000 people on this leg yet is impressive. I know the Detroit show felt like a sellout and looked almost totally full. The Kansas pic has some empty spots scattered throughout but still looks like a ton of people. PopMart had some shows way worse in terms of attendance, didn't it?

Oh well either way. Bring on South America for fans there, and then on to SOE!
  6. This leg should really have been Oz and NZ but I guess the figures and timescales just didn't stack
  7. Imagine how empty it would have been if 20,000 were beaten to death trying to get into the stadium.
  8. Regardless of this questionable 3rd US leg this tour likely exceeded their wildest expectations, and the band should be more than proud of this kind of popularity, still selling out stadiums and delivering great shows at the twilight of their career.

Some positive thoughts for a Sunday.
  9. Originally posted by jennagirl:Regardless of this questionable 3rd US leg this tour likely exceeded their wildest expectations, and the band should be more than proud of this kind of popularity, still selling out stadiums and delivering great shows at the twilight of their career.

Some positive thoughts for a Sunday.
    Yep!U2 is still the greatest Band Ever!Best Live show!Hands down!
  10. Originally posted by ew6655:Interesting??? 44,782 average attendance 2017 not bad! Compare to original 1987 JT tour!
    I think when I saw U2 4-22-1987 Los Angeles sports arena it was sold out at around 18,000 attendance!
    Accord to Wikipedia each show was sold out but I believe that's not the case right?