2017-09-22 - San Diego
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 2
  1. Madness, London I rocked up at noon and made that area between B stage and main stage just near Larry as he belts out SBS

2. Got my number at 11 AM the day before the show, checked in at 5 PM the day before, got there at 5 AM the day of, got my wristband, then came back at 2 PM to stay.

3. Arrived between 2 and 3 pm for Rose Bowl and got spots right at B-Stage.

However avoiding this madness is one reason I paid for Red Zone.
  4. Originally posted by Hoosier2012:[..]

Got my number at 11 AM the day before the show, checked in at 5 PM the day before, got there at 5 AM the day of, got my wristband, then came back at 2 PM to stay.
    As I saw saying, that's not really "queuing" anymore. It's like a competition of remembering to show up every X hours. Like a easy videogame: if you fail a checkpoint you're off, otherwise it's a piece of cake. I'm fine with that but it's unfair for people who don't know the system and are left out.
  5. If you were to not bother with the checking in business and just turn up at 8am morning of show, surely you'd be within a few rows of the Tree stage? I can't imagine there being 1000+ people on the list with numbers.
  6. I still don't get any of this nonsense. We went in at around 6pm. We ended up about 20 yards from the tip of the tree. Had I felt like maneuvering, I could have easily gotten closer. But seeing as it was Miami in June, I didn't feel like torturing myself to the malodorous folks who hadn't showered in 24 hours because they showed up the night before to gain about 10 yards of ground on me...

At the end of the day it's really an unsanctioned power play by self proclaimed elitists to bully those that don't know that the venue could care less about their numbersor their system.
  7. I thought it was worth it...
  8. and what number did the guy who was handing out numbers have? and who made him big man on campus?
  9. Originally posted by Hoosier2012:[..]

Got my number at 11 AM the day before the show, checked in at 5 PM the day before, got there at 5 AM the day of, got my wristband, then came back at 2 PM to stay.
    Is there a reason they gave why you had to check in repeatedly?