2017-09-22 - San Diego
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 2
  1. Originally posted by Sev00:Wow that negativity around here. I understand people can dislike that acoustic rendition, but come on, it was simply for them to play a little intimate song, thing which they haven't done at all this tour yet.

Remember a time when not every show was instantly on the internet for all to see and U2 could just play around with their music once in a while without having fans on forum shit on them ? It's obvious they're not trying to find a new official arrangement of The Best Thing with this acoustic performance. Bono just wanted to do this for his wife probably.

Besides, the audience seemed to really like it, as I do.
    Wow. A different opinion that someone else’s. This is why forums exist. I actively encourage disagreement.
  2. I do too. But some of these comments aren't just disagreement, they're hateful comments. Saying "Don't like this acoustic version" has its purpose of commentary, saying sth like "It's shit" is also spitting on other people's tastes and implying you think your opinion is the right one.
  3. Well, I can remark that the audience near me, did not like it. They were a shit audience though. They sat for half the album. I had to sit down, during the video

I give them credit for trying things out, but I didn't think this worked.
  4. I've attended a lot of U2 concerts. This version of Best Thing was a low point...it was really bad and huge buzz kill for the show.

Opening the encore with MS after finishing with MOD remains inexplicable me - totally kills the show
  5. I don't think they were trying things out, Bono said that Ali was there.

6. This guy is uploading the whole SD show...(at least it looks like that so far)
  7. Check out my video from last night. Enjoy
  8. Definitely got that vibe when I got banned for expressing disagreement on the "What's wrong with Bono" topic.
  9. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    Definitely got that vibe when I got banned for expressing disagreement on the "What's wrong with Bono" topic.
    FYI: If you have a problem with the crew's decisions, it's best to use PMs instead of using a public thread.
    You are always welcome to express your opinions here, and if someone attacks you personally, we will defend you (as I did in the defunct Politics thread). Just be respectful to others, please.
  10. if anyone's interested, i have a recording of minneapolis that u2 start rejected. i rate it 2.5 stars
  11. Yeah feel free to post the links in the Minneapolis topic
  12. Where's the link please