2017-09-22 - San Diego
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 2
  1. What I would question about the queues, and it would never effect me because I wouldn't go so early, but it says for the Friday check in 6am sharp so I'm guessing that's when the actual queuing begins as opposed to these 2 hour check ins on the previous days, but what if someone gets in line on show day before all these people who are numbered? Why should they not be allowed to stay in front when all they have failed to do is go to these check ins that they may or may not be aware of and in all fairness shouldn't be obliged to go to. It should be first in line on the day none of these check ins days before.
  2. Who anoints the chosen one? Who makes the rules? Not the band. Not the venue. You get a number but you have to keep checking in to keep your place? Whats the point? I guess if thats your cup of tea. Maybe its a generational thing.

We didnt need numbers and lotteries and someone claiming themselves the organizer. We camped out, we partied and when the gates opened we all filed in and then sprinted for our spots. Didnt need a college degree or any fascist architecture laying down bogus rules.

I guess I dont understand is everyone basically gets in at the same time so why would you wanna?

And FYI - the venue is on board until they're not. Meaning their attitude is if everyone wants to fall in line and follow the leader, they are fine with it. But if someone doesn't agree with anointed one, they'll accommodate them too...
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:What I would question about the queues, and it would never effect me because I wouldn't go so early, but it says for the Friday check in 6am sharp so I'm guessing that's when the actual queuing begins as opposed to these 2 hour check ins on the previous days, but what if someone gets in line on show day before all these people who are numbered? Why should they not be allowed to stay in front when all they have failed to do is go to these check ins that they may or may not be aware of and in all fairness shouldn't be obliged to go to. It should be first in line on the day none of these check ins days before.
    Exactly.
  4. I also know plenty of friends who showed up at 2 or 3 o'clock day of show that were spitting distance to the stage... and got there with no issues. And smelled good because they showered that morning.
  5. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:Who anoints the chosen one? Who makes the rules? Not the band. Not the venue. You get a number but you have to keep checking in to keep your place? Whats the point? I guess if thats your cup of tea. Maybe its a generational thing.

We didnt need numbers and lotteries and someone claiming themselves the organizer. We camped out, we partied and when the gates opened we all filed in and then sprinted for our spots. Didnt need a college degree or any fascist architecture laying down bogus rules.

I guess I dont understand is everyone basically gets in at the same time so why would you wanna?

And FYI - the venue is on board until they're not. Meaning their attitude is if everyone wants to fall in line and follow the leader, they are fine with it. But if someone doesn't agree with anointed one, they'll accommodate them too...
    There isn't a "chosen one". A person takes the the time to contact the venue, meet the venue, and discuss a way to make the GA process easier on the venue firstly and then the attendees as well. I understand the whole attitude of "well back in my day.." but it's not. Sorry. This is the way it has happened this tour at least. And people who didn't want to cooperate with these fan run lines mostly ended up getting the butt end of the stick which was what 200 in line which is still fantastic.

FYI I took two showers the day of the concert.
  6. Nice. To each his own, I guess.

Me, day of show I went to the beach, had lunch at a great Cuban joint in Miami, tailgated with friends until 6 and still found a great spot on the floor.

Glad you got your two showers in between mandatory check ins to keep your spot. Unless I'm wrong about the check in intervals. I dont know. I obviously don't know much... I've obviously been given a load of BS on how the process works. My humble apologies.

If I may ask, what is the butt end of the stick?
  7. P.S.- didnt mean to touch any nerves.
  8. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:Nice. To each his own, I guess.

Me, day of show I went to the beach, had lunch at a great Cuban joint in Miami, tailgated with friends until 6 and still found a great spot on the floor.

Glad you got your two showers in between mandatory check ins to keep your spot. Unless I'm wrong about the check in intervals. I dont know. I obviously don't know much... I've obviously been given a load of BS on how the process works. My humble apologies.

If I may ask, what is the butt end of the stick?
    200th in line. Which really isn't that bad.

9. It's starting to get real. Can't wait to see my favorite band agian.

(My Picture)
  10. Yeah. At a stadium show, 200th is nothing. I'd be a little more anxious being 200 in an arena, although its stil not bad...
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I know that would probably reduce queuing but did people not still queue so that even if they didn't get circle they were closest outside of the circle?
    so you can get in while your girlfriend, friends or family member can't? not good...